Will you have Periorbital oedema with Norvasc - from FDA reports
Periorbital oedema is found among people who take Norvasc, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Coumadin, and have Renal cell carcinoma. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 111,048 people who have side effects when taking Norvasc from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on amlodipine besylate (the active ingredients of Norvasc) and Norvasc (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Periorbital oedema are also considered in the study.
What is Norvasc?
Norvasc has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Norvasc 113,865 users)
What is Periorbital oedema?
Periorbital oedema (swelling around the eyes) has been reported by people with chronic myeloid leukaemia, high blood pressure, skin wrinkling, gastrointestinal stromal tumor, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 4,208 Periorbital oedema patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
111,048 people reported to have side effects when taking Norvasc.
Among them, 54 people (0.05%) have Periorbital oedema
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Norvasc when people have Periorbital oedema *:
- < 1 month: 66.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Periorbital oedema when taking Norvasc *:
- female: 70.37 %
- male: 29.63 %
Age of people who have Periorbital oedema when taking Norvasc *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 2.27 %
- 10-19: 4.55 %
- 20-29: 2.27 %
- 30-39: 2.27 %
- 40-49: 2.27 %
- 50-59: 20.45 %
- 60+: 65.91 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Renal Cell Carcinoma (a kidney cancer): 7 people, 12.96%
- Arteriogram: 5 people, 9.26%
- Platelet Count Increased: 5 people, 9.26%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 4 people, 7.41%
- Heart Transplant: 4 people, 7.41%
- Preventive Health Care: 3 people, 5.56%
- Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia (long lasting type of cancer that starts in the blood-forming cells of the bone marrow and invades the blood): 3 people, 5.56%
- Depression: 3 people, 5.56%
- Neoplasm Malignant (cancer tumour): 3 people, 5.56%
- Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss): 2 people, 3.70%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Coumadin: 12 people, 22.22%
- Hydrochlorothiazide: 10 people, 18.52%
- Xanax: 9 people, 16.67%
- Paxil: 8 people, 14.81%
- Toprol-Xl: 8 people, 14.81%
- Neurontin: 8 people, 14.81%
- Prilosec: 8 people, 14.81%
- Lasix: 7 people, 12.96%
- Lipitor: 7 people, 12.96%
- Miralax: 7 people, 12.96%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 13 people, 24.07%
- Rashes (redness): 12 people, 22.22%
- Weakness: 12 people, 22.22%
- Pain In Extremity: 11 people, 20.37%
- Breathing Difficulty: 11 people, 20.37%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 9 people, 16.67%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 9 people, 16.67%
- Pain: 8 people, 14.81%
- Stress And Anxiety: 8 people, 14.81%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 8 people, 14.81%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Periorbital oedema while taking Norvasc?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Periorbital oedema
- Subscribe to monitor Periorbital oedema in Norvasc
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Norvasc and have Periorbital oedema
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Boschee T, DO PGY II, "Acute Hallucinations: Where Did That Come From?", , 2007 Jan .
Drugs that are associated with Periorbital oedemaPeriorbital oedema (869 drugs)
Could your condition cause Periorbital oedemaPeriorbital oedema (515 conditions)
Norvasc side effects
- Norvasc side effects (111,094 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Norvasca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Provigil and Jambolan Plum drug interaction - a second ago
- Will you have Partial Seizures with Indomethacin? - a second ago
- Armour Thyroid and Taja drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Vosol and Idamycin Pfs drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Side effect comparison of Flexeril and Soma - 10 seconds ago
- Vivitrol and Madre Selva drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Coumadin and Jacob'S Sword drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Will you have Pathological Gambling with Glucophage? - 13 seconds ago
- Will you have Joint Effusion with Lexapro? - 14 seconds ago
- Will you have Coughing with Vitamin B Complex Deficiency? - 14 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 46 year old woman who takes Topamax - 17 minutes ago
- A study for a 31 year old woman who takes Sertraline - 59 minutes ago
- A study for a 31 year old woman who takes Sertraline - an hour ago
- A study for a 24 year old woman who takes Zoloft, Goji Berry - 2 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Metoprolol Succinate, Alprazolam, Advair Diskus 250/50, Combivent Respimat for a 68 year old woman - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Nexium - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 61 year old man who takes Voltaren, Methocarbamol, Gabapentin - 5 hours ago
- Prediction of Mirena for a 33 year old woman - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 69 year old woman who takes Enbrel - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 70 year old woman who takes Sertraline, Multivitamin - 6 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.