Norvasc and Seizure like phenomena - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Seizure like phenomena is found among people who take Norvasc, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Norvasc and have Seizure like phenomena. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 128,409 people who have side effects when taking Norvasc from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
128,409 people reported to have side effects when taking Norvasc.
Among them, 12 people (0.01%) have Seizure like phenomena.
What is Norvasc?
Norvasc has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 131,568 Norvasc users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Seizure like phenomena?
Seizure like phenomena (a variety of medical conditions may produce sudden episodes which have some similarities to epileptic seizures) is found to be associated with 525 drugs and 295 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Norvasc and Seizure like phenomena reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Seizure like phenomena when taking Norvasc *:
- female: 41.67 %
- male: 58.33 %
Age of people who have Seizure like phenomena when taking Norvasc *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 20 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 30 %
- 60+: 50 %
Common drugs people take besides Norvasc *:
- Coreg: 3 people, 25.00%
- Zoloft: 2 people, 16.67%
- Venofer: 2 people, 16.67%
- Plavix: 2 people, 16.67%
- Glucotrol: 2 people, 16.67%
- Cozaar: 2 people, 16.67%
- Lopressor: 2 people, 16.67%
- Colace: 2 people, 16.67%
- Synthroid: 2 people, 16.67%
- Centrum: 2 people, 16.67%
Common side effects people have besides Seizure like phenomena *:
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 5 people, 41.67%
- Mental Status Changes (general changes in brain function, such as confusion, amnesia (memory loss), loss of alertness, loss of orientation): 4 people, 33.33%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 3 people, 25.00%
- Unresponsive To Stimuli: 3 people, 25.00%
- Blood Glucose Decreased: 3 people, 25.00%
- Blood Glucose Increased: 3 people, 25.00%
- Feeling Abnormal: 3 people, 25.00%
- Fainting (loss of consciousness and postural tone): 3 people, 25.00%
- Wound Complication: 2 people, 16.67%
- Dizziness: 2 people, 16.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Scrotal Pain: 2 people, 16.67%
- Scrotal Infection (infection in scrotum area): 2 people, 16.67%
- Nephrogenic Anaemia (anaemia due to kidney disease): 2 people, 16.67%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 2 people, 16.67%
- Hidradenitis (chronic disease of a type of sweat gland): 2 people, 16.67%
- Diabetes: 2 people, 16.67%
- Constipation: 2 people, 16.67%
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 2 people, 16.67%
- Back Pain: 2 people, 16.67%
- Prostate Cancer: 1 person, 8.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Norvasc and have Seizure like phenomena?Check whether Seizure like phenomena is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Seizure like phenomena and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of amlodipine besylate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Norvasc:
- Norvasc (131,568 reports)
Common Norvasc side effects:
Browse all side effects of Norvasc:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Seizure like phenomena treatments and more:
- Seizure like phenomena (1,424 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Seizure like phenomena:
- Seizure like phenomena in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Seizure like phenomena in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Seizure like phenomena in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Seizure like phenomena:
- Seizure like phenomena (525 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Seizure like phenomena:
- Seizure like phenomena (295 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on amlodipine besylate (the active ingredients of Norvasc) and Norvasc (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Hc and Scar - 9 seconds ago
- Wellbutrin and Misoprostol drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Quinaglute and Indomethacin drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Premarin and Muscle Spasms - 30 seconds ago
- Tresiba and Luvox drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Keppra and Superinfection - 53 seconds ago
- Keppra and Acute Pulmonary Oedema - 57 seconds ago
- Phenergan and Subdural Haematoma - 58 seconds ago
- Keppra and Lymph Follicular Hypertrophy - a minute ago
- Oxycodone And Acetaminophen and Piperacillin And Tazobactam drug interaction - a minute ago