Norvir and Bleeding disorders - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 24,057 people who have side effects when taking Norvir. Bleeding disorders is found, especially among people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Prezista and have Bipolar disorder.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Norvir and have Bleeding disorders. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
24,057 people reported to have side effects when taking Norvir.
Among them, 31 people (0.13%) have Bleeding disorders.
What is Norvir?
Norvir has active ingredients of ritonavir. It is used in hiv infection. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 24,315 Norvir users.
What is Bleeding disorders?
Bleeding disorders is found to be associated with 2,104 drugs and 1,584 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 23,631 people who have Bleeding disorders.
Number of Norvir and Bleeding disorders reports submitted per year:
Time on Norvir when people have Bleeding disorders *:
- < 1 month: 33.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 33.33 %
- 1 - 2 years: 33.33 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Bleeding disorders when taking Norvir *:
- female: 66.67 %
- male: 33.33 %
Age of people who have Bleeding disorders when taking Norvir *:
- 0-1: 11.54 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 61.54 %
- 40-49: 19.23 %
- 50-59: 3.85 %
- 60+: 3.85 %
Common drugs people take besides Norvir *:
- Prezista: 16 people, 51.61%
- Tivicay: 15 people, 48.39%
- Truvada: 11 people, 35.48%
- Lamivudine: 7 people, 22.58%
- Kaletra: 5 people, 16.13%
- Viread: 5 people, 16.13%
- Pyrazinamide: 3 people, 9.68%
- Zidovudine: 3 people, 9.68%
- Abacavir Sulfate: 3 people, 9.68%
- Isoniazid: 3 people, 9.68%
Common side effects people have besides Bleeding disorders *:
- Breathing Difficulty: 17 people, 54.84%
- Hypokalemia (low potassium): 17 people, 54.84%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 16 people, 51.61%
- General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status): 15 people, 48.39%
- Cholestasis (a condition where bile cannot flow from the liver to the duodenum): 14 people, 45.16%
- Endometritis Decidual (inflammation of the endometrial lining of the uterus): 14 people, 45.16%
- Hyperthyroidism (over activity of the thyroid gland): 14 people, 45.16%
- Itching: 14 people, 45.16%
- Gastric Disorder (disease of stomach): 14 people, 45.16%
- Total Bile Acids Increased: 14 people, 45.16%
Common conditions people have *:
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 3 people, 9.68%
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 3 people, 9.68%
- Hiv Test Positive: 3 people, 9.68%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 3 people, 9.68%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 3 people, 9.68%
- Tuberculosis (a bacterial infection by mycobacterium tuberculosis): 2 people, 6.45%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 2 people, 6.45%
- Hepatitis C: 2 people, 6.45%
- Large Intestine Carcinoma (cancer of large intestine): 1 person, 3.23%
- Gastric Disorder (disease of stomach): 1 person, 3.23%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Norvir and have Bleeding disorders?Check whether Bleeding disorders is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Norvir side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Norvir side effects (24,315 reports)
Bleeding disorders treatments and more:
- Bleeding disorders (23,631 reports)
Common drugs associated with Bleeding disorders:
- Aspirin: 1,530 reports
- Pradaxa: 1,448 reports
- Xarelto: 1,250 reports
- Coumadin: 1,170 reports
- Lasix: 977 reports
- Prednisone: 944 reports
- Furosemide: 823 reports
- Methotrexate: 756 reports
- Lisinopril: 749 reports
- Acetaminophen: 701 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Bleeding disorders:
- Bleeding disorders (2,104 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Bleeding disorders:
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 2,456 reports
- Stroke: 855 reports
- High blood pressure: 805 reports
- Pain: 616 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Bleeding disorders:
- Bleeding disorders (1,584 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ritonavir (the active ingredients of Norvir) and Norvir (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Saw Palmetto and Betamethasone Valerate drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Norethindrone Acetate And Ethinyl Estradiol and Wellbutrin drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Benazepril Hydrochloride and Xeljanz drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Hydrochlorothiazide and Hodgkin'S Lymphoma - 25 seconds ago
- Zantac and Ear Canal Erythema - 32 seconds ago
- Kevzara and Mesalamine drug interaction - 40 seconds ago
- Kantrex and Indocin drug interaction - 41 seconds ago
- Glucophage and Hearing Loss - 49 seconds ago
- Augmentin and Levofloxacin drug interaction - 52 seconds ago
- Septra and Muscle Atrophy - 52 seconds ago