Novalgin and Dyschezia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dyschezia is found among people who take Novalgin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Novalgin and have Dyschezia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,626 people who have side effects when taking Novalgin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
8,626 people reported to have side effects when taking Novalgin.
Among them, 16 people (0.19%) have Dyschezia.
What is Novalgin?
Novalgin has active ingredients of metamizole. It is often used in pain. eHealthMe is studying from 8,693 Novalgin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dyschezia?
Dyschezia (difficulty in defecating) is found to be associated with 472 drugs and 212 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Novalgin and Dyschezia reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dyschezia when taking Novalgin *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Dyschezia when taking Novalgin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Novalgin *:
- Mcp: 13 people, 81.25%
- Pantoprazole: 2 people, 12.50%
- Diclofenac: 2 people, 12.50%
- Valsartan: 1 person, 6.25%
- Temazepam: 1 person, 6.25%
- Ranitidine Hydrochloride: 1 person, 6.25%
- Imbruvica: 1 person, 6.25%
- Ibuprofen: 1 person, 6.25%
- Ibrutinib: 1 person, 6.25%
Common side effects people have besides Dyschezia *:
- Proctalgia (pain in the rectum): 16 people, 100.00%
- Gastrointestinal Motility Disorder (abnormal intestinal contractions): 14 people, 87.50%
- Anorectal Discomfort: 14 people, 87.50%
- Anal Ulcer: 14 people, 87.50%
- Anal Pruritus (anal itching): 14 people, 87.50%
- Dermatitis (inflammation of the skin resulting from direct irritation by an external agent or an allergic reaction to it): 14 people, 87.50%
- Erythema Multiforme (a type of hypersensitivity reaction): 14 people, 87.50%
- Anal Inflammation: 14 people, 87.50%
- Fever: 14 people, 87.50%
- Anal Infection: 14 people, 87.50%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Pressure: 14 people, 87.50%
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (cancer in which the bone marrow makes too many lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell)): 2 people, 12.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Novalgin and have Dyschezia?Check whether Dyschezia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Dyschezia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of metamizole:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Novalgin:
- Novalgin (8,693 reports)
Common Novalgin side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 626 reports
- Diarrhea: 597 reports
- Fever: 571 reports
- Pneumonia: 558 reports
- Dizziness: 537 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 533 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 500 reports
Browse all side effects of Novalgin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Dyschezia treatments and more:
- Dyschezia (2,585 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dyschezia:
- Dyschezia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dyschezia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dyschezia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Dyschezia:
All the drugs that are associated with Dyschezia:
- Dyschezia (472 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Dyschezia:
All the conditions that are associated with Dyschezia:
- Dyschezia (212 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on metamizole (the active ingredients of Novalgin) and Novalgin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Octreotide Acetate and Cyclophosphamide drug interaction - a second ago
- Neck Pain in Zopiclone, how severe and when it was recovered? - 4 seconds ago
- Methimazole and Afinitor drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Myobloc and Fentanyl drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Rinvoq and Vertebral Foraminal Stenosis - 7 seconds ago
- Methotrexate and Bone Formation Decreased - 7 seconds ago
- Vasodilatation and drugs of ingredients of sacubitril; valsartan - 9 seconds ago
- Combivir and Advil drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Meloxicam and Myopia Aggravated - 11 seconds ago
- Acetylsalicylic Acid and Percodan drug interaction - 12 seconds ago