Novalgin and Intestinal ulcer - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Intestinal ulcer is reported only by a few people who take Novalgin.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Novalgin and have Intestinal ulcer. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,626 people who have side effects while taking Novalgin from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
8,626 people reported to have side effects when taking Novalgin.
Among them, 3 people (0.03%) have Intestinal ulcer.
What is Novalgin?
Novalgin has active ingredients of metamizole. It is often used in pain. eHealthMe is studying from 8,693 Novalgin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Intestinal ulcer?
Intestinal ulcer is found to be associated with 600 drugs and 328 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Novalgin and Intestinal ulcer reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Intestinal ulcer when taking Novalgin *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Intestinal ulcer when taking Novalgin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Novalgin *:
- Requip: 2 people, 66.67%
- Neurontin: 2 people, 66.67%
- Euthyrox: 2 people, 66.67%
- Humira: 1 person, 33.33%
- Escitalopram: 1 person, 33.33%
- Celebrex: 1 person, 33.33%
- Calcium: 1 person, 33.33%
Common side effects people have besides Intestinal ulcer *:
- Haematemesis (vomiting of blood): 2 people, 66.67%
- Colitis (inflammation of colon): 2 people, 66.67%
- Pneumonia: 1 person, 33.33%
- Indigestion: 1 person, 33.33%
- Hypochromic Anaemia (hypochromic anaemia is a generic term for any type of anaemia in which the red blood cells (erythrocytes) are paler than normal): 1 person, 33.33%
- Hiatal Hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm): 1 person, 33.33%
- Haemorrhagic Anaemia (anaemia due to excessive bleeding): 1 person, 33.33%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 33.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Parkinson's Disease: 1 person, 33.33%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 1 person, 33.33%
- Depression: 1 person, 33.33%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 1 person, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Novalgin and have Intestinal ulcer?Check whether Intestinal ulcer is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Intestinal ulcer and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of metamizole:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Novalgin:
- Novalgin (8,693 reports)
Common Novalgin side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 626 reports
- Diarrhea: 597 reports
- Fever: 571 reports
- Pneumonia: 558 reports
- Dizziness: 537 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 533 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 500 reports
Browse all side effects of Novalgin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Intestinal ulcer treatments and more:
- Intestinal ulcer (6,336 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Intestinal ulcer:
- Intestinal ulcer in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Intestinal ulcer in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Intestinal ulcer in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Intestinal ulcer:
All the drugs that are associated with Intestinal ulcer:
- Intestinal ulcer (600 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Intestinal ulcer:
- Crohn's disease: 457 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Intestinal ulcer:
- Intestinal ulcer (328 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on metamizole (the active ingredients of Novalgin) and Novalgin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Advair Diskus 250/50 and Musculoskeletal Pain - now
- Baclofen and Venlafaxine Hydrochloride drug interaction - now
- Psoriasis and Septic Shock - 4 seconds ago
- Euthyrox and Haemorrhoids - 7 seconds ago
- Nexplanon and Pain - 7 seconds ago
- Trimethoprim vs. Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim Double Strength - 8 seconds ago
- Requip vs. Tramadol Hydrochloride - 12 seconds ago
- Fludrocortisone Acetate and Back Pain - 13 seconds ago
- Naprosyn and Cardiac Valve Disease - 13 seconds ago
- Nystatin and Infusion Site Bruising - 14 seconds ago