Novalgin and Quit smoking - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Quit smoking is reported only by a few people who take Novalgin.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Novalgin and have Quit smoking. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,626 people who have side effects while taking Novalgin from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
8,626 people reported to have side effects when taking Novalgin.
Among them, 2 people (0.02%) have Quit smoking.
What is Novalgin?
Novalgin has active ingredients of metamizole. It is often used in pain. eHealthMe is studying from 8,699 Novalgin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Quit smoking?
Quit smoking is found to be associated with 1,290 drugs and 902 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Novalgin and Quit smoking reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Quit smoking when taking Novalgin *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Quit smoking when taking Novalgin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Novalgin *:
- Movicol: 1 person, 50.00%
- Lyrica: 1 person, 50.00%
- Humira: 1 person, 50.00%
- Gilenya: 1 person, 50.00%
- Amlodipine: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Quit smoking *:
- Visual Impairment: 1 person, 50.00%
- Haematocrit Decreased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Kidney Stones: 1 person, 50.00%
- International Normalised Ratio Decreased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Impaired Healing: 1 person, 50.00%
- Immunoglobulins Increased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Hyperparathyroidism Secondary (an abnormally high concentration of parathyroid hormone in the blood, resulting in weakening of the bones through loss of calcium-secondary): 1 person, 50.00%
- Hyperkalemia (damage to or disease of the kidney): 1 person, 50.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 50.00%
- Hepatic Enzyme Increased: 1 person, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 1 person, 50.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Novalgin and have Quit smoking?Check whether Quit smoking is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Quit smoking and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of metamizole:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Novalgin:
- Novalgin (8,699 reports)
Common Novalgin side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 626 reports
- Diarrhea: 597 reports
- Fever: 571 reports
- Pneumonia: 558 reports
- Dizziness: 537 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 533 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 500 reports
Browse all side effects of Novalgin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Quit smoking treatments and more:
- Quit smoking (87,291 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Quit smoking:
- Quit smoking in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Quit smoking in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Quit smoking in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Quit smoking:
- Chantix: 1,105 reports
- Aspirin: 188 reports
- Prilosec: 174 reports
- Lisinopril: 159 reports
- Klonopin: 152 reports
- Xanax: 142 reports
- Albuterol: 141 reports
- Metformin: 136 reports
- Lipitor: 136 reports
- Oxycontin: 136 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Quit smoking:
- Quit smoking (1,290 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Quit smoking:
- Depression: 219 reports
- High blood pressure: 192 reports
- Pain: 164 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Quit smoking:
- Quit smoking (902 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on metamizole (the active ingredients of Novalgin) and Novalgin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Hydrocortone and Magnesium Sulfate drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Percocet vs. Feldene - 15 seconds ago
- Amoxicillin and Guillain-Barre Syndrome - 21 seconds ago
- Amoxicillin and Guillain-Barré Syndrome - 21 seconds ago
- Amoxicillin and Guillain Barre Syndrome - 22 seconds ago
- Melatonin and Haemorrhagic Cyst - 25 seconds ago
- Unasyn and Toxic Shock Syndrome - 25 seconds ago
- Neumega and Depression Aggravated - 35 seconds ago
- Hepatitis C and Acute Myeloid Leukaemia - 37 seconds ago
- Mercaptopurine and Hypokalemia - 38 seconds ago