Novalgin and Subarachnoid haemorrhage - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Subarachnoid haemorrhage is found among people who take Novalgin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Novalgin and have Subarachnoid haemorrhage. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,626 people who have side effects when taking Novalgin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
8,626 people reported to have side effects when taking Novalgin.
Among them, 11 people (0.13%) have Subarachnoid haemorrhage.
What is Novalgin?
Novalgin has active ingredients of metamizole. It is often used in pain. eHealthMe is studying from 8,693 Novalgin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Subarachnoid haemorrhage?
Subarachnoid haemorrhage (blood leaks into the space between two membranes that surround the brain) is found to be associated with 1,362 drugs and 940 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Novalgin and Subarachnoid haemorrhage reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Subarachnoid haemorrhage when taking Novalgin *:
- female: 81.82 %
- male: 18.18 %
Age of people who have Subarachnoid haemorrhage when taking Novalgin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 20 %
- 50-59: 10 %
- 60+: 70 %
Common drugs people take besides Novalgin *:
- Clexane: 5 people, 45.45%
- Acetylsalicylic Acid: 2 people, 18.18%
- Nexium: 2 people, 18.18%
- Movicol: 2 people, 18.18%
- Clopidogrel: 2 people, 18.18%
- Eliquis: 2 people, 18.18%
- Colecalciferol: 1 person, 9.09%
- Actemra: 1 person, 9.09%
- Amlodipine: 1 person, 9.09%
- Bactrim: 1 person, 9.09%
Common side effects people have besides Subarachnoid haemorrhage *:
- Fall: 7 people, 63.64%
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 27.27%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 3 people, 27.27%
- Cerebral Infarction (less blood supply to brain resulting tissue damage): 3 people, 27.27%
- Gait Disturbance: 3 people, 27.27%
- Cerebral Artery Occlusion (blockage of blood vessel of brain by fat or clot): 2 people, 18.18%
- Cerebral Haemorrhage (bleeding within the brain): 2 people, 18.18%
- Central Nervous System Haemorrhage (bleeding in brain and surrounding): 2 people, 18.18%
- Diarrhea: 2 people, 18.18%
- Blood Thyroid Stimulating Hormone Increased: 2 people, 18.18%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 27.27%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 2 people, 18.18%
- Essential Hypertension (primary hypertension): 2 people, 18.18%
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (cancer in which the bone marrow makes too many lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell)): 2 people, 18.18%
- Tumor Pain: 1 person, 9.09%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 1 person, 9.09%
- Rashes (redness): 1 person, 9.09%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1 person, 9.09%
- Metastases To Lymph Nodes (cancer spreads to lymph node): 1 person, 9.09%
- Lung Adenocarcinoma (a form of non-small cell lung cancer): 1 person, 9.09%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Novalgin and have Subarachnoid haemorrhage?Check whether Subarachnoid haemorrhage is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Subarachnoid haemorrhage and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of metamizole:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Novalgin:
- Novalgin (8,693 reports)
Common Novalgin side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 626 reports
- Diarrhea: 597 reports
- Fever: 571 reports
- Pneumonia: 558 reports
- Dizziness: 537 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 533 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 500 reports
Browse all side effects of Novalgin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Subarachnoid haemorrhage treatments and more:
- Subarachnoid haemorrhage (10,733 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Subarachnoid haemorrhage:
- Subarachnoid haemorrhage in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Subarachnoid haemorrhage in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Subarachnoid haemorrhage in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Subarachnoid haemorrhage:
- Aspirin: 953 reports
- Xarelto: 867 reports
- Pradaxa: 453 reports
- Heparin: 431 reports
- Furosemide: 376 reports
- Prednisolone: 367 reports
- Acetylsalicylic acid: 355 reports
- Prednisone: 354 reports
- Clopidogrel: 341 reports
- Methotrexate: 314 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Subarachnoid haemorrhage:
- Subarachnoid haemorrhage (1,362 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Subarachnoid haemorrhage:
All the conditions that are associated with Subarachnoid haemorrhage:
- Subarachnoid haemorrhage (940 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on metamizole (the active ingredients of Novalgin) and Novalgin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Novolog and Insulin Resistance - a second ago
- Tranexamic Acid and Hypotension - 2 seconds ago
- Prednisone and Leukaemia Secondary - 5 seconds ago
- Tylenol W/ Codeine and Monocyte Count Increased - 6 seconds ago
- Propranolol Hydrochloride and Melanocytic Naevus - 8 seconds ago
- Nuvigil and Facial Spasm - 9 seconds ago
- Hctz and Abdominal Pain - 14 seconds ago
- Azathioprine and Walking Distance Test Abnormal - 15 seconds ago
- Eliquis and Post Procedural Pulmonary Embolism - 16 seconds ago
- Plaquenil and Tuberculosis Skin Test Positive - 17 seconds ago