Novolog and Dupuytren's contracture - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dupuytren's contracture is found among people who take Novolog, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Novolog and have Dupuytren's contracture. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 47,521 people who have side effects when taking Novolog from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
47,521 people reported to have side effects when taking Novolog.
Among them, 11 people (0.02%) have Dupuytren's contracture.
What is Novolog?
Novolog has active ingredients of insulin aspart recombinant. It is often used in diabetes. eHealthMe is studying from 47,970 Novolog users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dupuytren's contracture?
Dupuytren's contracture (thickening of the fibrous tissue layer underneath the skin of the palm and fingers) is found to be associated with 435 drugs and 197 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Novolog and Dupuytren's contracture reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Novolog *:
- female: 45.45 %
- male: 54.55 %
Age of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Novolog *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 11.11 %
- 60+: 88.89 %
Common drugs people take besides Novolog *:
- Levemir: 3 people, 27.27%
- Lipitor: 3 people, 27.27%
- Zyrtec: 2 people, 18.18%
- Trulicity: 2 people, 18.18%
- Humalog: 2 people, 18.18%
- Humulin N: 2 people, 18.18%
- Metformin: 2 people, 18.18%
- Remicade: 2 people, 18.18%
- Synthroid: 2 people, 18.18%
- Nitrostat: 2 people, 18.18%
Common side effects people have besides Dupuytren's contracture *:
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 4 people, 36.36%
- Trigger Finger: 3 people, 27.27%
- Joint Swelling: 2 people, 18.18%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 2 people, 18.18%
- Injury: 2 people, 18.18%
- Joint Pain: 2 people, 18.18%
- Joint Stiffness: 2 people, 18.18%
- Liver Function Test Abnormal: 2 people, 18.18%
- Meniere's Disease (a disorder of the inner ear that can affect hearing and balance to a varying degree): 2 people, 18.18%
- Musculoskeletal Stiffness (stiffness of the body's muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments and nerves): 2 people, 18.18%
Common conditions people have *:
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 3 people, 27.27%
- Chest Pain: 2 people, 18.18%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 1 person, 9.09%
- Breast Cancer Metastatic: 1 person, 9.09%
- Breast Cancer: 1 person, 9.09%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Novolog and have Dupuytren's contracture?Check whether Dupuytren's contracture is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Novolog:
- Novolog (47,970 reports)
Dupuytren's contracture treatments and more:
- Dupuytren's contracture (2,028 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Dupuytren's contracture and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of insulin aspart recombinant:
Common drugs associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Xiaflex: 137 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (435 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (197 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on insulin aspart recombinant (the active ingredients of Novolog) and Novolog (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.