Novolog and Enlarged prostate - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Enlarged prostate is found among people who take Novolog, especially for people who are 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Novolog and have Enlarged prostate. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 50,793 people who have side effects when taking Novolog from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
50,793 people reported to have side effects when taking Novolog.
Among them, 19 people (0.04%) have Enlarged prostate.
What is Novolog?
Novolog has active ingredients of insulin aspart recombinant. It is often used in diabetes. eHealthMe is studying from 51,261 Novolog users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Enlarged prostate?
Enlarged prostate is found to be associated with 1,851 drugs and 1,249 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Novolog and Enlarged prostate reports submitted per year:
Time on Novolog when people have Enlarged prostate *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Enlarged prostate when taking Novolog *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 8.33 %
- 50-59: 16.67 %
- 60+: 75.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Novolog *:
- Levemir: 8 people, 42.11%
- Lipitor: 6 people, 31.58%
- Lantus: 6 people, 31.58%
- Tylenol: 5 people, 26.32%
- Nexium: 5 people, 26.32%
- Flomax: 5 people, 26.32%
- Metformin: 4 people, 21.05%
- Lasix: 4 people, 21.05%
- Aspirin: 4 people, 21.05%
- Vitamin D3: 4 people, 21.05%
Common side effects people have besides Enlarged prostate *:
- High Blood Pressure: 8 people, 42.11%
- Coronary Heart Disease (narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries): 6 people, 31.58%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 5 people, 26.32%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 5 people, 26.32%
- Back Pain: 5 people, 26.32%
- Joint Pain: 4 people, 21.05%
- Renal Cyst (kidney cyst): 4 people, 21.05%
- Constipation: 4 people, 21.05%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 4 people, 21.05%
- Weakness: 4 people, 21.05%
Common conditions people have *:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 3 people, 15.79%
- Ulcerative Colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine): 2 people, 10.53%
- Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind): 2 people, 10.53%
- Cluster Headache (one-sided head pain with tearing): 2 people, 10.53%
- Delusion (a false belief or opinion): 2 people, 10.53%
- Cardiac Disorder: 2 people, 10.53%
- Nephrogenic Anaemia (anaemia due to kidney disease): 1 person, 5.26%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 1 person, 5.26%
- Intervertebral Disc Protrusion (spinal disc protrusion): 1 person, 5.26%
- Sleep Disorder: 1 person, 5.26%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Novolog and have Enlarged prostate?Check whether Enlarged prostate is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Enlarged prostate and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of insulin aspart recombinant:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Novolog:
- Novolog (51,261 reports)
Common Novolog side effects:
Browse all side effects of Novolog:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Enlarged prostate treatments and more:
- Enlarged prostate (41,788 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Enlarged prostate:
- Enlarged prostate in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Enlarged prostate in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Enlarged prostate in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Enlarged prostate:
All the drugs that are associated with Enlarged prostate:
- Enlarged prostate (1,851 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Enlarged prostate:
All the conditions that are associated with Enlarged prostate:
- Enlarged prostate (1,249 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on insulin aspart recombinant (the active ingredients of Novolog) and Novolog (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Aredia and Confusion - 13 seconds ago
- Bedwetting and drugs of ingredients of azithromycin - 23 seconds ago
- Castor and Afinitor drug interaction - 28 seconds ago
- Valsartan and Renal Failure Acute - 31 seconds ago
- Chlorzoxazone and Chronic Kidney Disease - 41 seconds ago
- Reyataz and Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - 56 seconds ago
- Flexeril and Small Intestinal Obstruction - a minute ago
- Lo/Ovral and Premarin drug interaction - a minute ago
- Symlin and Clonazepam drug interaction - a minute ago
- Biaxin and Omniscan drug interaction - a minute ago