Novorapid and Hypopotassemia - from FDA reports
Hypopotassemia is found among people who take Novorapid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lantus, and have Type 2 diabetes. This review analyzes which people have Hypopotassemia with Novorapid. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,541 people who have side effects when taking Novorapid from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
10,541 people reported to have side effects when taking Novorapid.
Among them, 74 people (0.7%) have Hypopotassemia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Novorapid when people have Hypopotassemia *:
- < 1 month: 77.78 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 22.22 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hypopotassemia when taking Novorapid *:
- female: 60.81 %
- male: 39.19 %
Age of people who have Hypopotassemia when taking Novorapid *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 8.57 %
- 20-29: 2.86 %
- 30-39: 4.29 %
- 40-49: 4.29 %
- 50-59: 24.29 %
- 60+: 55.71 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Type 2 Diabetes: 13 people, 17.57%
- High Blood Pressure: 9 people, 12.16%
- Pain: 7 people, 9.46%
- Preventive Health Care: 5 people, 6.76%
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (All) (cancer of the white blood cells characterized by excess lymphoblasts): 4 people, 5.41%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lantus: 26 people, 35.14%
- Slow-K: 15 people, 20.27%
- Aldactone: 11 people, 14.86%
- Lasix: 10 people, 13.51%
- Levemir: 9 people, 12.16%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar): 15 people, 20.27%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 9 people, 12.16%
- Interstitial Lung Disease: 7 people, 9.46%
- Blood Creatinine Increased: 7 people, 9.46%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 7 people, 9.46%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Novorapid and have Hypopotassemia?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Hypopotassemia
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Share you experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Calcium, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Ferritin, serum ($44.00) Add to cart
- Glucose, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Hemoglobin a1c (hgba1c) with eag ($41.00) Add to cart
- Iron and total iron-binding capacity (tibc) ($41.00) Add to cart
- Iron, serum ($32.00) Add to cart
- Parathyroid hormone (pth), intact ($65.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Novorapid has active ingredients of insulin aspart recombinant. It is often used in type 1 diabetes. (latest outcomes from Novorapid 10,637 users)
Hypopotassemia has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, depression, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 36,205 Hypopotassemia patients).
Drugs that are associated with HypopotassemiaHypopotassemia (2,656 drugs)
Could your condition cause HypopotassemiaHypopotassemia (2,324 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHypopotassemia and drugs with ingredients of insulin aspart recombinant. (216 reports)
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHypopotassemia and Novorapid from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Novorapid side effects
- Novorapid side effects (10,567 reports)
Browse all side effects of Novorapida b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Novorapid and have Hypopotassemia
- Support group for people who have Hypopotassemia
- Support group for people who take Novorapid
Can you answer these questions
- I was on Symbicort for about a month and now my potassium levels are so low that I can hardly stand up due to extreme weakness. I stopped using it almost two weeks ago and still have unusual weakness. How long will it take to get back to normal?
- Hi All I'll new to this site and generally do not post on the internet. I'm a type II diabetic on Novorapid and Lantus. Ever since getting tight control of my diabetes a year ago on Novorapid I have had severe leg pains mainly at night. All investigations have shown nothing. I've suspected...
- Presented with 70% total paralysis. Potassium was 1.7. Muscle enzymes were over 4000. Daily meds before symptoms presented-celexa, ambien, OxyContin, unisom. Consumed 12-15 cans of Coca Cola per day. I have stopped all cokes. What is my prognosis according to other patients with similar symptoms...
- Hi there, What all medicines can be given to female patient 13 yr old for Hypokalemia who was diagnosed for Ewing sarcoma 3.5 years ago.
- Having problems with low potassium, but haven't taken the drug in 3 weeks. Can it possibly still be the cause?
You may be interested in these posts
- Hypokalemia is very painful. To find the studies supporting this fact, one must use the variables : Pain and Hypokalemia as all other Hypokalemic studies NEVER MENTION PAIN. My Physician and I discovered the connection between the two. I was having terrible and repetitive attacks of...
- Question - why would Clonidine alone cause hypokalemia?
- Hello all, I have sever pain in my body when my potassium is low. I take 3 large potassium pills a day. Any suggestions on this, Sarcoidosis? I was diagnosed in 1987 with Sarcoid in my lungs and liver. I thought I was by my self with this illness. It's so nice to know I'm not alone.
- The recommended dose of Jardiance is 10 mg once daily in the morning, taken with or without food. Jardiance may interact with diuretics, insulin or insulin secretagogues. Tell your doctor all medications and supplements you use. During pregnancy, Jardiance should be taken only if prescribed....
- I developed an UTI about 2.5 or 3 weeks ago and went to doctor at an urgent care. I was given antibiotics and it went away; however, during the course of this I developed not one but two infections. A severe viral infection and upper respiratory infection (which was bacterial). So I was put on...
- Will you have Irritable Bladder with Beclovent?
- Will you have Incontinence - Urge with Beclovent?
- Will you have Pneumothorax with Zolpidem?
- Will you have Detrusor Instability with Beclovent?
- Will you have Detrusor Hyperreflexia with Beclovent?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Beclovent and have Irritable Bladder?
- Support group for people who take Beclovent and have Incontinence - Urge?
- Support group for people who take Zolpidem and have Pneumothorax?
- Support group for people who take Beclovent and have Detrusor Instability?
- Support group for people who take Beclovent and have Detrusor Hyperreflexia?
- What to expect when you take Beclovent and have Irritable Bladder?
- What to expect when you take Beclovent and have Incontinence - Urge?
- What to expect when you take Zolpidem and have Pneumothorax?
- What to expect when you take Beclovent and have Detrusor Instability?
- What to expect when you take Beclovent and have Detrusor Hyperreflexia?
- A study for a 66 year old woman who takes Victoza
- A study for a 27 year old woman who takes Sprintec
- A study for a 58 year old woman who takes Tegretol, Acyclovir
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Armour Thyroid, Vitamin D3, Vimpat, Atorvastatin Calcium, Omeprazole, Alora, Codeine Sulfate, Chlor-trimeton
- A study for a 77 year old woman who takes Flonase Allergy Relief
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.