Nph insulin and Aphonia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Aphonia is reported only by a few people who take Nph Insulin.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Nph insulin and have Aphonia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,754 people who have side effects while taking Nph insulin from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
1,754 people reported to have side effects when taking Nph insulin.
Among them, 3 people (0.17%) have Aphonia.
What is Nph insulin?
Nph insulin has active ingredients of insulin susp isophane beef. It is often used in diabetes. eHealthMe is studying from 1,691 Nph insulin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Aphonia?
Aphonia (inability to produce voice) is found to be associated with 1,533 drugs and 821 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Nph insulin and Aphonia reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Aphonia when taking Nph insulin *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Aphonia when taking Nph insulin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 100 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Nph insulin *:
- Simponi: 1 person, 33.33%
- Oxycodone: 1 person, 33.33%
- Oxybutynin: 1 person, 33.33%
- Marijuana: 1 person, 33.33%
Common side effects people have besides Aphonia *:
- Breathing Difficulty: 2 people, 66.67%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 2 people, 66.67%
- Diarrhea: 2 people, 66.67%
- Weight Increased: 1 person, 33.33%
- Dermatitis Allergic (inflammation of the skin due allergic reaction): 1 person, 33.33%
- Haemorrhage Subepidermal (bleeding from the skin): 1 person, 33.33%
- General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status): 1 person, 33.33%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 33.33%
- Gallstones (stone formation by bile component): 1 person, 33.33%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1 person, 33.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 1 person, 33.33%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 1 person, 33.33%
- Neuroendocrine Tumor: 1 person, 33.33%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 33.33%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 33.33%
- Gastric Disorder (disease of stomach): 1 person, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Nph insulin and have Aphonia?Check whether Aphonia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Aphonia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of insulin susp isophane beef:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Nph insulin:
- Nph insulin (1,691 reports)
Common Nph insulin side effects:
Browse all side effects of Nph insulin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Aphonia treatments and more:
- Aphonia (13,049 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Aphonia:
- Aphonia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Aphonia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Aphonia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Aphonia:
- Prednisone: 832 reports
- Spiriva: 686 reports
- Symbicort: 650 reports
- Humira: 544 reports
- Singulair: 498 reports
- Enbrel: 497 reports
- Aspirin: 493 reports
- Methotrexate: 492 reports
- Xolair: 469 reports
- Advair hfa: 461 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Aphonia:
- Aphonia (1,533 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Aphonia:
- Asthma: 1,299 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,067 reports
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: 621 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 616 reports
- High blood pressure: 537 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 410 reports
- Pain: 399 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Aphonia:
- Aphonia (821 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on insulin susp isophane beef (the active ingredients of Nph insulin) and Nph insulin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Hydrocortisone Sodium Phosphate and Dyslalia - a second ago
- Fexofenadine Hydrochloride and Micturition Urgency - 2 seconds ago
- Vistaril and Swelling - 9 seconds ago
- Amrix and Weight Loss - 13 seconds ago
- Sodium Chloride and Erythromycin Stearate drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Actos and Metastatic Lymphoma - 17 seconds ago
- Hereditary Angioedema and drugs of ingredients of atorvastatin calcium - 18 seconds ago
- Tamsulosin Hydrochloride and Nph Insulin drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Tapentadol Hydrochloride and Hyperkalemia - 27 seconds ago
- Cimzia and Parasite Stool Test Positive - 29 seconds ago