Nuvaring and Candidiasis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Candidiasis is found among people who take Nuvaring, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Nuvaring and have Candidiasis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 27,093 people who have side effects when taking Nuvaring from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
27,093 people reported to have side effects when taking Nuvaring.
Among them, 34 people (0.13%) have Candidiasis.
What is Nuvaring?
Nuvaring has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control. eHealthMe is studying from 28,133 Nuvaring users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Candidiasis?
Candidiasis (candidiasis or thrush is a fungal infection) is found to be associated with 1,530 drugs and 1,064 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Nuvaring and Candidiasis reports submitted per year:
Time on Nuvaring when people have Candidiasis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 25.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 28.57 %
- 1 - 2 years: 21.43 %
- 2 - 5 years: 25.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Candidiasis when taking Nuvaring *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Candidiasis when taking Nuvaring *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 65.52 %
- 30-39: 31.03 %
- 40-49: 3.45 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Nuvaring *:
- Albuterol: 5 people, 14.71%
- Coumadin: 4 people, 11.76%
- Zoloft: 3 people, 8.82%
- Nexium: 3 people, 8.82%
- Ibuprofen: 3 people, 8.82%
- Doxycycline: 3 people, 8.82%
- Bactrim Ds: 3 people, 8.82%
- Plan B: 3 people, 8.82%
- Colazal: 2 people, 5.88%
- Lortab: 2 people, 5.88%
Common side effects people have besides Candidiasis *:
- Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung): 20 people, 58.82%
- Depression: 16 people, 47.06%
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis): 13 people, 38.24%
- Migraine (headache): 12 people, 35.29%
- Pulmonary Infarction (death of a small area of lung): 10 people, 29.41%
- Stress And Anxiety: 9 people, 26.47%
- Thrombosis (formation of a blood clot inside a blood vessel): 7 people, 20.59%
- Heavy Or Prolong Menstrual Bleeding: 6 people, 17.65%
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes): 6 people, 17.65%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 6 people, 17.65%
Common conditions people have *:
- Thrombosis (formation of a blood clot inside a blood vessel): 2 people, 5.88%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 2 people, 5.88%
- Menstruation Irregular: 2 people, 5.88%
- Menstrual Disorder (disease of menstrual cycle): 2 people, 5.88%
- Headache (pain in head): 2 people, 5.88%
- Haemorrhage (bleeding): 2 people, 5.88%
- Depression: 1 person, 2.94%
- Bleeding Disorders: 1 person, 2.94%
- Asthma: 1 person, 2.94%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Nuvaring and have Candidiasis?Check whether Candidiasis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Candidiasis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; etonogestrel:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Nuvaring:
- Nuvaring (28,133 reports)
Common Nuvaring side effects:
- Pulmonary embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung): 6,756 reports
- Deep venous thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis): 4,554 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,854 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 1,693 reports
- Depression: 1,574 reports
- Vaginal bleeding between periods: 1,434 reports
- Migraine (headache): 1,423 reports
Browse all side effects of Nuvaring:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Candidiasis treatments and more:
- Candidiasis (8,492 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Candidiasis:
- Candidiasis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Candidiasis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Candidiasis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Candidiasis:
- Prednisone: 719 reports
- Advair diskus 100/50: 717 reports
- Fosamax: 487 reports
- Aspirin: 407 reports
- Methotrexate: 393 reports
- Lasix: 353 reports
- Coumadin: 353 reports
- Zometa: 350 reports
- Nexium: 345 reports
- Albuterol: 339 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Candidiasis:
- Candidiasis (1,530 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Candidiasis:
- Asthma: 467 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 405 reports
- Osteoporosis: 365 reports
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: 342 reports
- High blood pressure: 223 reports
- Depression: 220 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 200 reports
- Pain: 196 reports
- Crohn's disease: 186 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Candidiasis:
- Candidiasis (1,064 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ethinyl estradiol; etonogestrel (the active ingredients of Nuvaring) and Nuvaring (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Ceftin and Neck Pain - 2 seconds ago
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Gabapentin drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Diflunisal and Rectal Prolapse - 3 seconds ago
- Prilosec and Oral Disorder - 6 seconds ago
- Uceris and Osteoarthritis Aggravated - 10 seconds ago
- Colace and Infertility - 10 seconds ago
- Wellbutrin and Testoderm drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Hair Disorder and Hair Loss - 13 seconds ago
- Linagliptin and Tessalon drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Pantoprazole Sodium and Vitamin B12 drug interaction - 16 seconds ago