Nuvaring and Haemorrhagic transformation stroke - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Haemorrhagic transformation stroke is found among people who take Nuvaring, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Nuvaring and have Haemorrhagic transformation stroke. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 27,093 people who have side effects when taking Nuvaring from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
27,093 people reported to have side effects when taking Nuvaring.
Among them, 7 people (0.03%) have Haemorrhagic transformation stroke.
What is Nuvaring?
Nuvaring has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control. eHealthMe is studying from 28,138 Nuvaring users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Haemorrhagic transformation stroke?
Haemorrhagic transformation stroke (haemorrhages develop inside areas of ischemia) is found to be associated with 429 drugs and 190 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Nuvaring and Haemorrhagic transformation stroke reports submitted per year:
Time on Nuvaring when people have Haemorrhagic transformation stroke *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 71.43 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 28.57 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Haemorrhagic transformation stroke when taking Nuvaring *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Haemorrhagic transformation stroke when taking Nuvaring *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 85.71 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 14.29 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Nuvaring *:
- Coumadin: 4 people, 57.14%
- Ciprodex: 4 people, 57.14%
- Azithromycin: 4 people, 57.14%
- Amoxicillin: 4 people, 57.14%
- Neurontin: 3 people, 42.86%
- Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3: 2 people, 28.57%
- Metformin: 2 people, 28.57%
- Heparin: 1 person, 14.29%
- Acetaminophen: 1 person, 14.29%
Common side effects people have besides Haemorrhagic transformation stroke *:
- High Blood Pressure: 7 people, 100.00%
- Transverse Sinus Thrombosis (a blood clot in transverse sinus): 6 people, 85.71%
- Migraine (headache): 6 people, 85.71%
- Cerebral Infarction (less blood supply to brain resulting tissue damage): 5 people, 71.43%
- Hypercoagulation (increased tendency for clotting of the blood): 5 people, 71.43%
- Headache (pain in head): 5 people, 71.43%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 4 people, 57.14%
- Peripheral Vascular Disorder: 4 people, 57.14%
- Hepatic Steatosis (fatty liver disease): 4 people, 57.14%
- Otitis (ear infection): 4 people, 57.14%
Common conditions people have *:
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 4 people, 57.14%
- Heavy Or Prolong Menstrual Bleeding: 1 person, 14.29%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Nuvaring and have Haemorrhagic transformation stroke?Check whether Haemorrhagic transformation stroke is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Haemorrhagic transformation stroke and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; etonogestrel:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Nuvaring:
- Nuvaring (28,138 reports)
Common Nuvaring side effects:
- Pulmonary embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung): 6,756 reports
- Deep venous thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis): 4,554 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,840 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 1,693 reports
- Depression: 1,574 reports
- Vaginal bleeding between periods: 1,434 reports
- Migraine (headache): 1,423 reports
Browse all side effects of Nuvaring:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Haemorrhagic transformation stroke treatments and more:
- Haemorrhagic transformation stroke (1,472 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Haemorrhagic transformation stroke:
- Haemorrhagic transformation stroke in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Haemorrhagic transformation stroke in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Haemorrhagic transformation stroke in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Haemorrhagic transformation stroke:
All the drugs that are associated with Haemorrhagic transformation stroke:
- Haemorrhagic transformation stroke (429 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Haemorrhagic transformation stroke:
- Stroke: 406 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 380 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Haemorrhagic transformation stroke:
- Haemorrhagic transformation stroke (190 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ethinyl estradiol; etonogestrel (the active ingredients of Nuvaring) and Nuvaring (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Gaba and Prozac drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Calcitonin-Salmon and Bone Disorder - 6 seconds ago
- Toviaz and Proctitis - 29 seconds ago
- Acyclovir Sodium and Fluconazole drug interaction - 47 seconds ago
- Haemodynamic Instability and Haematuria Aggravated - a minute ago
- Losartan and Macular Oedema - a minute ago
- Famotidine and Libtayo drug interaction - a minute ago
- Clonidine and Blood Creatine Increased - 2 minutes ago
- Suboxone and Sumatriptan Succinate drug interaction - 3 minutes ago
- Ritalin and Myositis - 3 minutes ago