Nuvaring and Major depression - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Major depression is found among people who take Nuvaring, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Nuvaring and have Major depression. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 27,093 people who have side effects when taking Nuvaring from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
27,093 people reported to have side effects when taking Nuvaring.
Among them, 94 people (0.35%) have Major depression.
What is Nuvaring?
Nuvaring has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control. eHealthMe is studying from 27,773 Nuvaring users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Major depression?
Major depression (a mood state that goes well beyond temporarily feeling sad or blue. it is a serious medical illness that affects one's thoughts, feelings) is found to be associated with 1,892 drugs and 1,323 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Nuvaring and Major depression reports submitted per year:
Time on Nuvaring when people have Major depression *:
- < 1 month: 5.71 %
- 1 - 6 months: 31.43 %
- 6 - 12 months: 12.86 %
- 1 - 2 years: 18.57 %
- 2 - 5 years: 24.29 %
- 5 - 10 years: 4.29 %
- 10+ years: 2.86 %
Gender of people who have Major depression when taking Nuvaring *:
- female: 97.67 %
- male: 2.33 %
Age of people who have Major depression when taking Nuvaring *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 5.66 %
- 20-29: 47.17 %
- 30-39: 32.08 %
- 40-49: 13.21 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 1.89 %
Common drugs people take besides Nuvaring *:
- Zoloft: 10 people, 10.64%
- Nexium: 8 people, 8.51%
- Lexapro: 8 people, 8.51%
- Celexa: 5 people, 5.32%
- Seroquel: 5 people, 5.32%
- Ortho Evra: 4 people, 4.26%
- Norvasc: 4 people, 4.26%
- Cymbalta: 4 people, 4.26%
- Zyrtec: 3 people, 3.19%
- Rhinocort: 3 people, 3.19%
Common side effects people have besides Major depression *:
- Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung): 55 people, 58.51%
- Stress And Anxiety: 44 people, 46.81%
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis): 26 people, 27.66%
- Migraine (headache): 26 people, 27.66%
- Suicidal Ideation: 23 people, 24.47%
- Headache (pain in head): 23 people, 24.47%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 22 people, 23.40%
- Back Pain: 22 people, 23.40%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 21 people, 22.34%
- Chest Pain: 21 people, 22.34%
Common conditions people have *:
- Depression: 8 people, 8.51%
- Stress And Anxiety: 4 people, 4.26%
- High Blood Pressure: 4 people, 4.26%
- Heavy Or Prolong Menstrual Bleeding: 3 people, 3.19%
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (a chronic condition including attention difficulty, hyperactivity, and impulsiveness): 3 people, 3.19%
- Dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation): 3 people, 3.19%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 2 people, 2.13%
- Cardiac Disorder: 2 people, 2.13%
- Pain: 2 people, 2.13%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 2 people, 2.13%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Nuvaring and have Major depression?Check whether Major depression is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Major depression and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; etonogestrel:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Nuvaring:
- Nuvaring (27,773 reports)
Common Nuvaring side effects:
Browse all side effects of Nuvaring:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Major depression treatments and more:
- Major depression (36,855 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Major depression:
- Major depression in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Major depression in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Major depression in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Major depression:
All the drugs that are associated with Major depression:
- Major depression (1,892 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Major depression:
All the conditions that are associated with Major depression:
- Major depression (1,323 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ethinyl estradiol; etonogestrel (the active ingredients of Nuvaring) and Nuvaring (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Gastrocrom and Aclovate drug interaction - now
- Entyvio and Renal Pain - a second ago
- Entyvio and Febrile Neutropenia - 3 seconds ago
- Nicotinic Acid and Esomeprazole Magnesium drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Zithromax and Hemiparesis - 4 seconds ago
- Entyvio and Rectal Polyp - 7 seconds ago
- Entyvio and Completed Suicide - 10 seconds ago
- Entyvio and Appendicitis - 13 seconds ago
- Rexulti vs. Pristiq - 14 seconds ago
- Entyvio and Pseudopolyp - 14 seconds ago