Nuvaring and Paget-schroetter syndrome - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Paget-schroetter syndrome is reported only by a few people who take Nuvaring.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Nuvaring and have Paget-schroetter syndrome. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 27,093 people who have side effects while taking Nuvaring from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
27,093 people reported to have side effects when taking Nuvaring.
Among them, 3 people (0.01%) have Paget-schroetter syndrome.
What is Nuvaring?
Nuvaring has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control. eHealthMe is studying from 28,138 Nuvaring users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Paget-schroetter syndrome?
Paget-schroetter syndrome (thrombosis of the upper extremity) is found to be associated with 44 drugs and 37 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Nuvaring and Paget-schroetter syndrome reports submitted per year:
Time on Nuvaring when people have Paget-schroetter syndrome *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 100 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Paget-schroetter syndrome when taking Nuvaring *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Paget-schroetter syndrome when taking Nuvaring *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 100 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common side effects people have besides Paget-schroetter syndrome *:
- Hypercoagulation (increased tendency for clotting of the blood): 2 people, 66.67%
- Hepatic Cyst: 2 people, 66.67%
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis): 2 people, 66.67%
- Therapeutic Response Decreased (less preventive response): 1 person, 33.33%
- Post Thrombotic Syndrome (long-term effects that can occur after venous thrombosis): 1 person, 33.33%
- Hypocoagulable State (abnormality of blood coagulation that increases the risk of thrombosis): 1 person, 33.33%
- Breast Enlargement: 1 person, 33.33%
- Arterial Thrombosis Limb (formation of a blood clot inside a blood vessel, obstructing the flow of blood through the circulatory system-limb): 1 person, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Nuvaring and have Paget-schroetter syndrome?Check whether Paget-schroetter syndrome is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Paget-schroetter syndrome and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; etonogestrel:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Nuvaring:
- Nuvaring (28,138 reports)
Common Nuvaring side effects:
- Pulmonary embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung): 6,756 reports
- Deep venous thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis): 4,554 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,840 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 1,693 reports
- Depression: 1,574 reports
- Vaginal bleeding between periods: 1,434 reports
- Migraine (headache): 1,423 reports
Browse all side effects of Nuvaring:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Paget-schroetter syndrome treatments and more:
- Paget-schroetter syndrome (36 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Paget-schroetter syndrome:
- Paget-schroetter syndrome in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Paget-schroetter syndrome in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Paget-schroetter syndrome in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Paget-schroetter syndrome:
- Paget-schroetter syndrome (44 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Paget-schroetter syndrome:
- Paget-schroetter syndrome (37 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ethinyl estradiol; etonogestrel (the active ingredients of Nuvaring) and Nuvaring (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Tri-Previfem and Gilenya drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Kineret and Hot Flushes Aggravated - 12 seconds ago
- Cytarabine and Renal Embolism - 27 seconds ago
- Modafinil and Bifido drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Reglan and Lexiva drug interaction - 34 seconds ago
- Humulin N and Reglan drug interaction - 35 seconds ago
- Augmentin and Proair Hfa drug interaction - 37 seconds ago
- Linzess and Axid drug interaction - 39 seconds ago
- Motrin and Magnesium Citrate drug interaction - 40 seconds ago
- Glucotrol and Chest X-Ray Abnormal - 47 seconds ago