Nuvaring and Vulvovaginal dryness - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Vulvovaginal dryness is found among people who take Nuvaring, especially for people who are 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Nuvaring and have Vulvovaginal dryness. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 27,093 people who have side effects when taking Nuvaring from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
27,093 people reported to have side effects when taking Nuvaring.
Among them, 53 people (0.2%) have Vulvovaginal dryness.
What is Nuvaring?
Nuvaring has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control. eHealthMe is studying from 28,145 Nuvaring users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Vulvovaginal dryness?
Vulvovaginal dryness is found to be associated with 914 drugs and 484 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Nuvaring and Vulvovaginal dryness reports submitted per year:
Time on Nuvaring when people have Vulvovaginal dryness *:
- < 1 month: 17.86 %
- 1 - 6 months: 21.43 %
- 6 - 12 months: 10.71 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.57 %
- 2 - 5 years: 14.29 %
- 5 - 10 years: 32.14 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Vulvovaginal dryness when taking Nuvaring *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 15.0 %
- 20-29: 32.5 %
- 30-39: 47.5 %
- 40-49: 5.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Nuvaring *:
- Zyrtec: 1 person, 1.89%
- Xyrem: 1 person, 1.89%
- Aleve: 1 person, 1.89%
- Amitiza: 1 person, 1.89%
- Aspirin: 1 person, 1.89%
- Azithromycin: 1 person, 1.89%
- Crestor: 1 person, 1.89%
- Erythromycin: 1 person, 1.89%
- Flonase: 1 person, 1.89%
- Hyzaar: 1 person, 1.89%
Common side effects people have besides Vulvovaginal dryness *:
- Depression: 11 people, 20.75%
- Headache (pain in head): 10 people, 18.87%
- Libido Decreased (loss of interest in sex): 9 people, 16.98%
- Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung): 9 people, 16.98%
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 8 people, 15.09%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 8 people, 15.09%
- Vulvovaginal Discomfort: 8 people, 15.09%
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis): 8 people, 15.09%
- Rashes (redness): 8 people, 15.09%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 8 people, 15.09%
Common conditions people have *:
- Dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation): 2 people, 3.77%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 1 person, 1.89%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 1 person, 1.89%
- Heavy Or Prolong Menstrual Bleeding: 1 person, 1.89%
- Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood): 1 person, 1.89%
- Diabetes: 1 person, 1.89%
- Chest Pain: 1 person, 1.89%
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 1 person, 1.89%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Nuvaring and have Vulvovaginal dryness?Check whether Vulvovaginal dryness is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Vulvovaginal dryness and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; etonogestrel:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Nuvaring:
- Nuvaring (28,145 reports)
Common Nuvaring side effects:
- Pulmonary embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung): 6,756 reports
- Deep venous thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis): 4,554 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,840 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 1,693 reports
- Depression: 1,574 reports
- Vaginal bleeding between periods: 1,434 reports
- Migraine (headache): 1,423 reports
Browse all side effects of Nuvaring:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Vulvovaginal dryness treatments and more:
- Vulvovaginal dryness (8,626 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Vulvovaginal dryness:
- Vulvovaginal dryness in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Vulvovaginal dryness in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Vulvovaginal dryness in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Vulvovaginal dryness:
- Premarin: 295 reports
- Fosamax: 251 reports
- Synthroid: 171 reports
- Mirena: 158 reports
- Lupron: 158 reports
- Aspirin: 140 reports
- Estring: 125 reports
- Lupron depot: 123 reports
- Arimidex: 118 reports
- Zometa: 117 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Vulvovaginal dryness:
- Vulvovaginal dryness (914 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Vulvovaginal dryness:
- Birth control: 279 reports
- Breast cancer: 267 reports
- Osteoporosis: 203 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 145 reports
- High blood pressure: 126 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Vulvovaginal dryness:
- Vulvovaginal dryness (484 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ethinyl estradiol; etonogestrel (the active ingredients of Nuvaring) and Nuvaring (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Aleve and Catatonia - 3 seconds ago
- Verapamil Hydrochloride and Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage - 4 seconds ago
- Allegra and Cubital Tunnel Syndrome - 9 seconds ago
- Aldurazyme and Malnutrition - 9 seconds ago
- Micro-K and Triamcinolone Acetonide drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Alavert vs. Xolair - 15 seconds ago
- Allopurinol and Application Site Paraesthesia - 17 seconds ago
- Alendronic Acid and Lenticular Opacities - 17 seconds ago
- Heart Palpitations and Lactose Intolerance - 17 seconds ago
- Aldurazyme and Malaise - 18 seconds ago