Nyquil and Hepatitis - from FDA reports
Hepatitis is reported only by a few people who take Nyquil. We study 682 people who have side effects while taking Nyquil from FDA. Among them, 1 have Hepatitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Hepatitis and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 23, 2017
682 people reported to have side effects when taking Nyquil.
Among them, 1 person (0.15%) has Hepatitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hepatitis when taking Nyquil *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Hepatitis when taking Nyquil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 100 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Sinus Headache (1 person, 100.00%)
- Pain (1 person, 100.00%)
- Migraine (1 person, 100.00%)
- Influenza Like Illness (1 person, 100.00%)
- Hepatitis B (1 person, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Yaz (1 person, 100.00%)
- Tylenol (1 person, 100.00%)
- Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate (1 person, 100.00%)
- Pegasys (1 person, 100.00%)
- Allegra (1 person, 100.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Overdose (1 person, 100.00%)
- Injury (1 person, 100.00%)
- Hepatorenal Failure (1 person, 100.00%)
- Bleeding Disorders (1 person, 100.00%)
- Amputation (1 person, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Hepatitis when taking Nyquil?
- Check symptoms - is hepatitis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHepatitis and drugs with ingredients of acetaminophen / dextromethorphan / doxylamine / pseudoephedrine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHepatitis and Nyquil from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Nyquil has active ingredients of acetaminophen / dextromethorphan / doxylamine / pseudoephedrine. It is often used in common cold. (latest outcomes from Nyquil 718 users)
Hepatitis (inflammation of the liver) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, hiv infection, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 16,604 Hepatitis patients).
Browse all side effects of Nyquila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HepatitisHepatitis
Could your condition cause HepatitisHepatitis
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User posts to the study
That same bad lady bought me a big bottle of purple drank - I bought it hoping to have death, or at least totally trip, but all it did was make my cold go totally away. I feel great now and I'm super pissed about it.
I took I think 5 unisons or only 2 I can’t remmeber And Nyquil , I’m freaking out ! I usually take 3 a night for the passed 5 years because I don’t want to be on ambien or anything too strong . I’m feeling sick so I took NyQuil But the problem is I completely for the life of me cannot remember ...