Nystatin and Pancreatitis acute - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 31,334 people who have side effects when taking Nystatin. Pancreatitis acute is found, especially among people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Paracetamol and have Depression.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Nystatin and have Pancreatitis acute. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
31,334 people reported to have side effects when taking Nystatin.
Among them, 53 people (0.17%) have Pancreatitis acute.
What is Nystatin?
Nystatin has active ingredients of nystatin. It is used in thrush. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 31,703 Nystatin users.
What is Pancreatitis acute?
Pancreatitis acute (sudden inflammation of pancreas) is found to be associated with 2,007 drugs and 1,373 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 25,751 people who have Pancreatitis acute.
Number of Nystatin and Pancreatitis acute reports submitted per year:
Time on Nystatin when people have Pancreatitis acute *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Pancreatitis acute when taking Nystatin *:
- female: 83.02 %
- male: 16.98 %
Age of people who have Pancreatitis acute when taking Nystatin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 2.08 %
- 10-19: 12.5 %
- 20-29: 16.67 %
- 30-39: 8.33 %
- 40-49: 10.42 %
- 50-59: 33.33 %
- 60+: 16.67 %
Common drugs people take besides Nystatin *:
- Paracetamol: 13 people, 24.53%
- Xanax: 8 people, 15.09%
- Lasix: 8 people, 15.09%
- Aspirin: 7 people, 13.21%
- Lyrica: 6 people, 11.32%
- Vitamin B12: 6 people, 11.32%
- Protonix: 6 people, 11.32%
- Aciphex: 6 people, 11.32%
- Zofran: 6 people, 11.32%
- Tylenol: 6 people, 11.32%
Common side effects people have besides Pancreatitis acute *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 25 people, 47.17%
- Abdominal Pain Upper: 17 people, 32.08%
- Abdominal Pain: 15 people, 28.30%
- Cardiac Arrest: 13 people, 24.53%
- Pulseless Electrical Activity: 13 people, 24.53%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 13 people, 24.53%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 8 people, 15.09%
- Hypokalemia (low potassium): 8 people, 15.09%
- Diarrhea: 7 people, 13.21%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 7 people, 13.21%
Common conditions people have *:
- Depression: 16 people, 30.19%
- Mycobacterial Infection: 12 people, 22.64%
- Lung Abscess (pus in lungs): 8 people, 15.09%
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue): 4 people, 7.55%
- Pulmonary Hypertension (increase in blood pressure in the lung artery): 4 people, 7.55%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 4 people, 7.55%
- Connective Tissue Disorder (any disease that has the connective tissues of the body): 4 people, 7.55%
- Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body): 3 people, 5.66%
- Cor Pulmonale Chronic (long lasting enlargement of the right ventricle of the heart): 3 people, 5.66%
- Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body): 3 people, 5.66%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Nystatin and have Pancreatitis acute?Check whether Pancreatitis acute is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Nystatin side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Nystatin side effects (31,703 reports)
Pancreatitis acute treatments and more:
- Pancreatitis acute (25,751 reports)
Common drugs associated with Pancreatitis acute:
- Metformin: 2,625 reports
- Byetta: 1,251 reports
- Aspirin: 1,139 reports
- Omeprazole: 1,073 reports
- Lisinopril: 980 reports
- Prednisone: 897 reports
- Methotrexate: 818 reports
- Victoza: 818 reports
- Simvastatin: 743 reports
- Prednisolone: 699 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Pancreatitis acute:
- Pancreatitis acute (2,007 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Pancreatitis acute:
- Type 2 diabetes: 2,496 reports
- High blood pressure: 2,285 reports
- Diabetes: 1,321 reports
- Depression: 944 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 841 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Pancreatitis acute:
- Pancreatitis acute (1,373 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on nystatin (the active ingredients of Nystatin) and Nystatin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Bydureon and Urinary Tract Infection - 5 seconds ago
- Nitrofurantoin and Lotensin drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Imuran and Movement - Uncontrolled Or Slow - 16 seconds ago
- Losartan Potassium and Myoclonus - 32 seconds ago
- Torisel and Prozac drug interaction - 43 seconds ago
- Taxol and Oesophageal Ulcer - 55 seconds ago
- Clarithromycin and Caduet drug interaction - a minute ago
- Orenitram and Vomiting Aggravated - a minute ago
- Savella and Wellbutrin drug interaction - a minute ago
- Mysoline and Ceftriaxone drug interaction - a minute ago