Ocrevus and Psoriasis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Psoriasis is found among people who take Ocrevus, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Ocrevus and have Psoriasis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 35,378 people who have side effects when taking Ocrevus from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
35,378 people reported to have side effects when taking Ocrevus.
Among them, 126 people (0.36%) have Psoriasis.
What is Ocrevus?
Ocrevus has active ingredients of ocrelizumab. eHealthMe is studying from 35,406 Ocrevus users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin) is found to be associated with 2,272 drugs and 1,581 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Ocrevus and Psoriasis reports submitted per year:
Time on Ocrevus when people have Psoriasis *:
Gender of people who have Psoriasis when taking Ocrevus*:
Age of people who have Psoriasis when taking Ocrevus *:
Common drugs people take besides Ocrevus *:
Common side effects people have besides Psoriasis *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ocrevus and have Psoriasis?Check whether Psoriasis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Mohagheghi MA, Omranipur R, Ensani F, Ghannadan A, Shahriaran S, Samiee F, Sedighi Z, "A Case of Advanced Unicentric Retroperitoneal Castleman's Disease, Associated With Psoriasis", Acta Medica Iranica, 2017 May .
- Chiriac A, Brzezinski P, Stolnicu S, Podoleanu C, Moldovan C, Molnar C, Taranu T, "Eosinophilia–A rare possible adverse reaction during anti-tumor necrosis factor-alpha therapy for psoriasis", Journal of Dermatological Treatment, 2016 Mar .
- Malisiewicz B, Murer C, Schmid JP, French LE, Schmid-Grendelmeier P, Navarini AA, "Eosinophilia during psoriasis treatment with TNF antagonists", Dermatology, 2013 Jan .
How severe was Psoriasis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ocrelizumab:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Ocrevus:
- Ocrevus (35,406 reports)
Common Ocrevus side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 5,313 reports
- Urinary tract infection: 3,631 reports
- Weakness: 3,150 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 2,813 reports
- Pain: 1,904 reports
- Multiple sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 1,829 reports
Browse all side effects of Ocrevus:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Psoriasis treatments and more:
- Psoriasis (412,216 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Psoriasis:
- Psoriasis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Psoriasis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Psoriasis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Psoriasis:
- Enbrel: 26,257 reports
- Humira: 23,088 reports
- Cosentyx: 21,919 reports
- Otezla: 19,845 reports
- Methotrexate: 10,887 reports
- Stelara: 6,001 reports
- Prednisone: 4,329 reports
- Remicade: 3,500 reports
- Metformin: 2,821 reports
- Aspirin: 2,803 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Psoriasis:
- Psoriasis (2,272 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Psoriasis:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 6,377 reports
- High blood pressure: 3,552 reports
- Crohn's disease: 3,134 reports
- Pain: 1,905 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Psoriasis:
- Psoriasis (1,581 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ocrelizumab (the active ingredients of Ocrevus) and Ocrevus (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Losartan Potassium and Psoriasis - 24 seconds ago
- Humira and Uveitis - 25 seconds ago
- Potassium and Anaphylaxis - 27 seconds ago
- Nexium and Drug Toxicity - 35 seconds ago
- Fluorouracil and Drug Toxicity - 40 seconds ago
- Alprazolam and Drug Toxicity - 43 seconds ago
- Chemotherapy and Drug Toxicity - 50 seconds ago
- Iron Deficiency Anaemia and drugs of ingredients of flunisolide - 54 seconds ago
- Epilepsy and Drug Toxicity - 57 seconds ago
- Ranitidine and Drug Toxicity - 59 seconds ago