Ofev and Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis is found among people who take Ofev, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Ofev and have Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 17,071 people who have side effects when taking Ofev from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
17,071 people reported to have side effects when taking Ofev.
Among them, 1,513 people (8.86%) have Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
What is Ofev?
Ofev has active ingredients of nintedanib esylate. eHealthMe is studying from 17,098 Ofev users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis?
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (chronic lung disease) is found to be associated with 2,462 drugs and 2,146 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Ofev and Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis reports submitted per year:
Time on Ofev when people have Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis *:
Gender of people who have Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis when taking Ofev*:
Age of people who have Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis when taking Ofev *:
Common drugs people take besides Ofev *:
Common side effects people have besides Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ofev and have Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis?Check whether Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of nintedanib esylate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Ofev:
- Ofev (17,098 reports)
Common Ofev side effects:
- Diarrhea: 6,983 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 2,723 reports
- Appetite - decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 2,198 reports
- Weight decreased: 2,116 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,088 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 1,964 reports
- Cough: 1,938 reports
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (chronic lung disease): 1,513 reports
Browse all side effects of Ofev:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis treatments and more:
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (68,085 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis:
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis:
- Methotrexate: 3,515 reports
- Prednisone: 2,846 reports
- Enbrel: 2,030 reports
- Humira: 1,994 reports
- Ofev: 1,513 reports
- Remicade: 1,267 reports
- Actemra: 1,143 reports
- Leflunomide: 1,137 reports
- Aspirin: 1,108 reports
- Xeljanz: 1,091 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis:
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (2,462 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 4,403 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 1,072 reports
- High blood pressure: 931 reports
- Osteoporosis: 667 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 649 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis:
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (2,146 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on nintedanib esylate (the active ingredients of Ofev) and Ofev (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Decadron and Blood Bilirubin Abnormal - now
- Darvocet and Weight Increased - 4 seconds ago
- Depakote and Ear Congestion - 5 seconds ago
- Depakene and Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome - 7 seconds ago
- Demerol and Urine Analysis Abnormal - 11 seconds ago
- Pradaxa and Diazepam drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Depakote and Ear Infection Staphylococcal - 18 seconds ago
- Daliresp and Atrioventricular Block First Degree - 19 seconds ago
- Dantrium and Pyelonephritis Acute - 19 seconds ago
- Proctofoam Hc and Urinary Tract Infection - 20 seconds ago