Omeprazole magnesium and Drug intolerance - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug intolerance is found among people who take Omeprazole magnesium, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Omeprazole magnesium and have Drug intolerance. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 5,721 people who have side effects when taking Omeprazole magnesium from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
5,721 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole magnesium.
Among them, 22 people (0.38%) have Drug intolerance.
What is Omeprazole magnesium?
Omeprazole magnesium has active ingredients of omeprazole magnesium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. eHealthMe is studying from 5,836 Omeprazole magnesium users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Drug intolerance?
Drug intolerance (drug sensitivity) is found to be associated with 1,854 drugs and 1,415 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Omeprazole magnesium and Drug intolerance reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Drug intolerance when taking Omeprazole magnesium *:
- female: 61.11 %
- male: 38.89 %
Age of people who have Drug intolerance when taking Omeprazole magnesium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 7.14 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 7.14 %
- 50-59: 57.14 %
- 60+: 28.57 %
Common drugs people take besides Omeprazole magnesium *:
- Tylenol: 8 people, 36.36%
- Zopiclone: 7 people, 31.82%
- Wellbutrin: 7 people, 31.82%
- Buscopan: 7 people, 31.82%
- Vagifem: 7 people, 31.82%
- Zometa: 7 people, 31.82%
- Imodium: 7 people, 31.82%
- Ogen: 7 people, 31.82%
- Lomotil: 4 people, 18.18%
- Nexium: 4 people, 18.18%
Common side effects people have besides Drug intolerance *:
- Hypersensitivity: 9 people, 40.91%
- Drug Ineffective: 9 people, 40.91%
- Weight Increased: 8 people, 36.36%
- Diarrhea: 8 people, 36.36%
- Weight Decreased: 8 people, 36.36%
- Gastritis (inflammation of stomach): 8 people, 36.36%
- Depression: 7 people, 31.82%
- Dry Eyes (lack of adequate tears): 7 people, 31.82%
- Gastric Disorder (disease of stomach): 7 people, 31.82%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 7 people, 31.82%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 7 people, 31.82%
- Migraine (headache): 7 people, 31.82%
- Menopause (end of monthly cycles in women): 7 people, 31.82%
- Hypersensitivity: 7 people, 31.82%
- Cardiac Disorder: 7 people, 31.82%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 7 people, 31.82%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 3 people, 13.64%
- Acute Myocardial Infarction (acute heart attack): 2 people, 9.09%
- Ankylosing Spondylitis (type of arthritis affecting the spine): 2 people, 9.09%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 1 person, 4.55%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Omeprazole magnesium and have Drug intolerance?Check whether Drug intolerance is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Omeprazole magnesium:
- Omeprazole magnesium (5,836 reports)
Drug intolerance treatments and more:
- Drug intolerance (73,297 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Drug intolerance:
- Drug intolerance in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Drug intolerance in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Drug intolerance in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Drug intolerance and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of omeprazole magnesium:
Common drugs associated with Drug intolerance:
All the drugs that are associated with Drug intolerance:
- Drug intolerance (1,855 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Drug intolerance:
All the conditions that are associated with Drug intolerance:
- Drug intolerance (1,415 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on omeprazole magnesium (the active ingredients of Omeprazole magnesium) and Omeprazole magnesium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Acute Myeloid Leukaemia and Bacteraemia - 6 seconds ago
- Prednisolone and Sinusitis Bacterial - 15 seconds ago
- Nexium 24Hr and Suboxone drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Loraz vs. Tramadol - 25 seconds ago
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura and Renal Failure Acute - 29 seconds ago