Omeprazole and Amputation - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Amputation is found among people who take Omeprazole, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Omeprazole and have Amputation. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 351,142 people who have side effects when taking Omeprazole from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
351,142 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole.
Among them, 29 people (0.01%) have Amputation.
What is Omeprazole?
Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. eHealthMe is studying from 359,810 Omeprazole users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Amputation?
Amputation is found to be associated with 524 drugs and 261 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Omeprazole and Amputation reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Amputation when taking Omeprazole *:
- female: 35.71 %
- male: 64.29 %
Age of people who have Amputation when taking Omeprazole *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 4.55 %
- 40-49: 4.55 %
- 50-59: 13.64 %
- 60+: 77.27 %
Common drugs people take besides Omeprazole *:
- Lasix: 6 people, 20.69%
- Tracleer: 6 people, 20.69%
- Neurontin: 6 people, 20.69%
- Amlodipine: 5 people, 17.24%
- Aspirin: 5 people, 17.24%
- Oxycontin: 5 people, 17.24%
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen: 5 people, 17.24%
- Percocet: 5 people, 17.24%
- Potassium: 5 people, 17.24%
- Tamsulosin: 5 people, 17.24%
Common side effects people have besides Amputation *:
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 6 people, 20.69%
- Thrombosis (formation of a blood clot inside a blood vessel): 6 people, 20.69%
- Skin Ulcer: 5 people, 17.24%
- Infected Skin Ulcer: 5 people, 17.24%
- Postoperative Wound Infection: 5 people, 17.24%
- Confusional State: 4 people, 13.79%
- Post Procedural Complication: 4 people, 13.79%
- Osteomyelitis (infection of bone): 4 people, 13.79%
- Nightmares (unpleasant dreams): 4 people, 13.79%
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 4 people, 13.79%
Common conditions people have *:
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (primary high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of your heart): 6 people, 20.69%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 4 people, 13.79%
- Stress And Anxiety: 3 people, 10.34%
- Pain: 3 people, 10.34%
- Mycobacterial Infection: 3 people, 10.34%
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 10.34%
- Adverse Event: 2 people, 6.90%
- Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar): 2 people, 6.90%
- Blockage Of Leg Arteries: 2 people, 6.90%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 2 people, 6.90%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Omeprazole and have Amputation?Check whether Amputation is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Amputation and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of omeprazole:
- Amputation and drugs with ingredients of omeprazole (24 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Omeprazole:
- Omeprazole (359,810 reports)
Common Omeprazole side effects:
Browse all side effects of Omeprazole:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Amputation treatments and more:
- Amputation (1,393 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Amputation:
- Amputation in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Amputation in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Amputation in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Amputation:
- Invokana: 351 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Amputation:
- Amputation (524 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Amputation:
All the conditions that are associated with Amputation:
- Amputation (261 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on omeprazole (the active ingredients of Omeprazole) and Omeprazole (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Propecia and Pollakiuria - a second ago
- Clinolipid and Calcium drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Nystatin and Klebsiella Infection - 9 seconds ago
- Sertraline and Duobrii drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Ribavirin and Swallowing Difficulty - 19 seconds ago
- Lisinopril vs. Quinapril Hydrochloride And Hydrochlorothiazide - 28 seconds ago
- Truxima and Indapamide drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Cromolyn Sodium and Foot Fracture - 41 seconds ago
- Xgeva and Depression Aggravated - 43 seconds ago
- Ativan and Altered State Of Consciousness - 52 seconds ago