Omeprazole and Cardioversion - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 380,957 people who have side effects when taking Omeprazole. Cardioversion is found, especially among people who are male, 60+ old, also take Eliquis and have Primary pulmonary hypertension.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Omeprazole and have Cardioversion. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
380,957 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole.
Among them, 42 people (0.01%) have Cardioversion.
What is Omeprazole?
Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 390,286 Omeprazole users.
What is Cardioversion?
Cardioversion is found to be associated with 621 drugs and 322 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 2,030 people who have Cardioversion.
Number of Omeprazole and Cardioversion reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Cardioversion when taking Omeprazole *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Cardioversion when taking Omeprazole *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 12.9 %
- 60+: 87.1 %
Common drugs people take besides Omeprazole *:
- Eliquis: 10 people, 23.81%
- Aspirin: 8 people, 19.05%
- Tracleer: 7 people, 16.67%
- Furosemide: 6 people, 14.29%
- Spironolactone: 6 people, 14.29%
- Calcium: 5 people, 11.90%
- Fluticasone Propionate: 5 people, 11.90%
- Prednisone: 5 people, 11.90%
- Revatio: 5 people, 11.90%
- Lasix: 5 people, 11.90%
Common side effects people have besides Cardioversion *:
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 23 people, 54.76%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 9 people, 21.43%
- Pleural Effusion (water on the lungs): 8 people, 19.05%
- Chest Pain: 7 people, 16.67%
- Fall: 6 people, 14.29%
- Dizziness: 6 people, 14.29%
- Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing): 5 people, 11.90%
- Breathing Difficulty: 5 people, 11.90%
- High Blood Pressure: 5 people, 11.90%
- Cellulitis (infection under the skin): 4 people, 9.52%
Common conditions people have *:
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (primary high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of your heart): 9 people, 21.43%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 7 people, 16.67%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 6 people, 14.29%
- Heart Rate Irregular: 5 people, 11.90%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 4 people, 9.52%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 3 people, 7.14%
- Stress And Anxiety: 3 people, 7.14%
- Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body): 3 people, 7.14%
- Pain: 3 people, 7.14%
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 7.14%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Omeprazole and have Cardioversion?Check whether Cardioversion is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Omeprazole side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Omeprazole side effects (390,286 reports)
Cardioversion treatments and more:
- Cardioversion (2,030 reports)
Common drugs associated with Cardioversion:
- Eliquis: 228 reports
- Xarelto: 184 reports
- Tracleer: 132 reports
- Aspirin: 121 reports
- Coumadin: 102 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Cardioversion:
- Cardioversion (621 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Cardioversion:
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 254 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 238 reports
- Stroke: 226 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Cardioversion:
- Cardioversion (322 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on omeprazole (the active ingredients of Omeprazole) and Omeprazole (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Vancomycin Hydrochloride and Merrem drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Lamotrigine and Pyelonephritis Acute - 17 seconds ago
- Divalproex Sodium and Psoriasis - 32 seconds ago
- Metoprolol Tartrate and Gallstones - 35 seconds ago
- Warfarin Sodium and Ocuflox drug interaction - 40 seconds ago
- Fentanyl Transdermal System and Pantoprazole Sodium drug interaction - 43 seconds ago
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride and Blood Test Abnormal - a minute ago
- Ezetimibe and Ards (Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome) - a minute ago
- Meloxicam and Pitavastatin drug interaction - a minute ago
- Budesonide and Methenamine Hippurate drug interaction - a minute ago