Omeprazole and Essential tremor - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 380,957 people who have side effects when taking Omeprazole. Essential tremor is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Xyrem and have Cataplexy.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Omeprazole and have Essential tremor. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
380,957 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole.
Among them, 59 people (0.02%) have Essential tremor.
What is Omeprazole?
Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 390,286 Omeprazole users.
What is Essential tremor?
Essential tremor is found to be associated with 659 drugs and 383 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 3,183 people who have Essential tremor.
Number of Omeprazole and Essential tremor reports submitted per year:
Time on Omeprazole when people have Essential tremor *:
- < 1 month: 43.75 %
- 1 - 6 months: 25.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 31.25 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Essential tremor when taking Omeprazole *:
- female: 60.71 %
- male: 39.29 %
Age of people who have Essential tremor when taking Omeprazole *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 2.7 %
- 30-39: 5.41 %
- 40-49: 29.73 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 62.16 %
Common drugs people take besides Omeprazole *:
- Xyrem: 9 people, 15.25%
- Brintellix: 7 people, 11.86%
- Seroquel: 7 people, 11.86%
- Xanax: 7 people, 11.86%
- Metoclopramide: 6 people, 10.17%
- Proair Hfa: 6 people, 10.17%
- Januvia: 6 people, 10.17%
- Lansoprazole: 6 people, 10.17%
- Nuvigil: 6 people, 10.17%
- Neurontin: 6 people, 10.17%
Common side effects people have besides Essential tremor *:
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 16 people, 27.12%
- Pneumonia: 12 people, 20.34%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 11 people, 18.64%
- Irritability: 10 people, 16.95%
- Weakness: 9 people, 15.25%
- Depression: 9 people, 15.25%
- Tardive Dyskinesia (a disorder that involves involuntary movements): 8 people, 13.56%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 8 people, 13.56%
- Rashes (redness): 8 people, 13.56%
- Fever: 8 people, 13.56%
Common conditions people have *:
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 10 people, 16.95%
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 10 people, 16.95%
- Depression: 7 people, 11.86%
- Headache (pain in head): 6 people, 10.17%
- Polycythaemia Vera (blood disorder in which the bone marrow makes too many red blood cells): 4 people, 6.78%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 3 people, 5.08%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 3 people, 5.08%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 3 people, 5.08%
- Depressive Symptom: 3 people, 5.08%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 3 people, 5.08%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Omeprazole and have Essential tremor?Check whether Essential tremor is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Omeprazole side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Omeprazole side effects (390,286 reports)
Essential tremor treatments and more:
- Essential tremor (3,183 reports)
Common drugs associated with Essential tremor:
All the drugs that are associated with Essential tremor:
- Essential tremor (659 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Essential tremor:
- Essential tremor (383 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on omeprazole (the active ingredients of Omeprazole) and Omeprazole (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Endometrin and Calcium drug interaction - now
- Vitamins and Chest X-Ray Abnormal - 7 seconds ago
- Ciprodex and Amoxicillin drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Hydroxyzine Pamoate and Memory Loss - 15 seconds ago
- Solaraze and Combivent drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Anastrozole and Vitamin C drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Entresto and Fml Forte drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Aztreonam and Cefoxitin drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Vimovo and Firmagon drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Lovastatin and Acetaminophen drug interaction - 30 seconds ago