Omeprazole and Gastrointestinal stenosis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Gastrointestinal stenosis is found among people who take Omeprazole, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Omeprazole and have Gastrointestinal stenosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 351,142 people who have side effects when taking Omeprazole from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
351,142 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole.
Among them, 7 people (0.0%) have Gastrointestinal stenosis.
What is Omeprazole?
Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. eHealthMe is studying from 359,810 Omeprazole users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Gastrointestinal stenosis?
Gastrointestinal stenosis (narrowing of gastrointestinal tract) is found to be associated with 216 drugs and 90 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Omeprazole and Gastrointestinal stenosis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Gastrointestinal stenosis when taking Omeprazole *:
- female: 71.43 %
- male: 28.57 %
Age of people who have Gastrointestinal stenosis when taking Omeprazole *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 25 %
- 50-59: 50 %
- 60+: 25 %
Common drugs people take besides Omeprazole *:
- Humira: 4 people, 57.14%
- Diovan: 3 people, 42.86%
- Percocet: 2 people, 28.57%
- Flonase: 2 people, 28.57%
- Glucosamine: 1 person, 14.29%
- Dyazide: 1 person, 14.29%
- Dynacirc: 1 person, 14.29%
- Elidel: 1 person, 14.29%
- Fish Oil: 1 person, 14.29%
- Folic Acid: 1 person, 14.29%
Common side effects people have besides Gastrointestinal stenosis *:
- Abdominal Distension: 3 people, 42.86%
- Swallowing Difficulty: 3 people, 42.86%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3 people, 42.86%
- Diarrhea: 2 people, 28.57%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 2 people, 28.57%
- Influenza Like Illness: 2 people, 28.57%
- Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood): 2 people, 28.57%
- Flatulence (flatus expelled through the anus): 2 people, 28.57%
- Coughing Up Blood: 2 people, 28.57%
- Pain: 2 people, 28.57%
Common conditions people have *:
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 5 people, 71.43%
- High Blood Pressure: 4 people, 57.14%
- Stress And Anxiety: 2 people, 28.57%
- Pain: 2 people, 28.57%
- Sleep Disorder: 1 person, 14.29%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 1 person, 14.29%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 1 person, 14.29%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 1 person, 14.29%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 1 person, 14.29%
- Hypersensitivity: 1 person, 14.29%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Omeprazole and have Gastrointestinal stenosis?Check whether Gastrointestinal stenosis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Gastrointestinal stenosis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of omeprazole:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Omeprazole:
- Omeprazole (359,810 reports)
Common Omeprazole side effects:
Browse all side effects of Omeprazole:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Gastrointestinal stenosis treatments and more:
- Gastrointestinal stenosis (461 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Gastrointestinal stenosis:
- Gastrointestinal stenosis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Gastrointestinal stenosis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Gastrointestinal stenosis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Gastrointestinal stenosis:
- Humira: 265 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Gastrointestinal stenosis:
- Gastrointestinal stenosis (216 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Gastrointestinal stenosis:
All the conditions that are associated with Gastrointestinal stenosis:
- Gastrointestinal stenosis (90 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on omeprazole (the active ingredients of Omeprazole) and Omeprazole (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Prednicarbate and Restless Leg Syndrome - 5 seconds ago
- Fibromyalgia and Glossitis - 17 seconds ago
- Dronabinol and Keppra drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Detrol La and Speech Disorder - 28 seconds ago
- Hot Flush in Strattera, how severe and when it was recovered? - 37 seconds ago
- Breo Ellipta and Therapeutic Response Unexpected - 38 seconds ago
- Carbidopa And Levodopa and Forteo drug interaction - a minute ago
- Twynsta and Remicade drug interaction - a minute ago
- Zyrtec and Tooth Disorder - a minute ago
- Psychotic Disorder and Stools - Watery - a minute ago