Omeprazole and Hyperchloraemia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 380,957 people who have side effects when taking Omeprazole. Hyperchloraemia is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, also take Morphine and have Burkitt lymphoma.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Omeprazole and have Hyperchloraemia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
380,957 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole.
Among them, 16 people (0.0%) have Hyperchloraemia.
What is Omeprazole?
Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 390,286 Omeprazole users.
What is Hyperchloraemia?
Hyperchloraemia (an excess of chlorides in the blood) is found to be associated with 406 drugs and 164 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 869 people who have Hyperchloraemia.
Number of Omeprazole and Hyperchloraemia reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hyperchloraemia when taking Omeprazole *:
- female: 81.25 %
- male: 18.75 %
Age of people who have Hyperchloraemia when taking Omeprazole *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 6.25 %
- 40-49: 25.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 68.75 %
Common drugs people take besides Omeprazole *:
- Morphine: 4 people, 25.00%
- Vancomycin: 3 people, 18.75%
- Sodium Bicarbonate: 3 people, 18.75%
- Cordarone: 2 people, 12.50%
- Paracetamol: 2 people, 12.50%
- Bromhexine Hydrochloride: 2 people, 12.50%
- Panthenol: 2 people, 12.50%
- Clexane: 2 people, 12.50%
- Zocor: 1 person, 6.25%
- Clarithromycin: 1 person, 6.25%
Common side effects people have besides Hyperchloraemia *:
- Hyperventilation: 8 people, 50.00%
- Blood Bicarbonate Decreased: 7 people, 43.75%
- Blood Creatinine Increased: 6 people, 37.50%
- Tracheal Obstruction (blockage of trachea): 4 people, 25.00%
- Acidosis Hyperchloraemic (increased acidity in the blood and other body tissue with decrease in plasma bicarbonate concentration): 4 people, 25.00%
- Increased Viscosity Of Bronchial Secretion: 4 people, 25.00%
- Hypernatraemia (an abnormally high plasma concentration of sodium ions): 4 people, 25.00%
- Blood Sodium Decreased: 4 people, 25.00%
- Hyperkalemia (damage to or disease of the kidney): 3 people, 18.75%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 3 people, 18.75%
Common conditions people have *:
- Klebsiella Infection: 2 people, 12.50%
- Diabetes: 2 people, 12.50%
- Burkitt Lymphoma (cancer of the lymphatic system): 2 people, 12.50%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 1 person, 6.25%
- Stenotrophomonas Infection: 1 person, 6.25%
- Staphylococcal Infection (an infection with staphylococcus bacteria): 1 person, 6.25%
- Serratia Infection (bacterial infection): 1 person, 6.25%
- Proteus Infection (proteus can cause urinary tract infections): 1 person, 6.25%
- Pneumonia: 1 person, 6.25%
- Pain: 1 person, 6.25%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Omeprazole and have Hyperchloraemia?Check whether Hyperchloraemia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Omeprazole side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Omeprazole side effects (390,286 reports)
Hyperchloraemia treatments and more:
- Hyperchloraemia (869 reports)
All the drugs that are associated with Hyperchloraemia:
- Hyperchloraemia (406 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Hyperchloraemia:
- Hyperchloraemia (164 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on omeprazole (the active ingredients of Omeprazole) and Omeprazole (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Clinoril and Losartan Potassium drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Remeron and Metabolic Encephalopathy - 29 seconds ago
- Baclofen and Cleocin Hydrochloride drug interaction - 32 seconds ago
- Cortisone Acetate and Spiriva drug interaction - 49 seconds ago
- Zymaxid and Acetylsalicylic Acid drug interaction - 54 seconds ago
- Xifaxan and Tolvaptan drug interaction - 55 seconds ago
- Metronidazole and Fenofibrate drug interaction - a minute ago
- Zyprexa and Foradil drug interaction - a minute ago
- Sudafed and Nasal Discharge - a minute ago
- Imiquimod and Dapsone drug interaction - a minute ago