Omeprazole and Imperforate anus - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Imperforate anus is reported only by a few people who take Omeprazole.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Omeprazole and have Imperforate anus. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 351,142 people who have side effects while taking Omeprazole from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
351,142 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole.
Among them, 5 people (0.0%) have Imperforate anus.
What is Omeprazole?
Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. eHealthMe is studying from 359,810 Omeprazole users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Imperforate anus?
Imperforate anus (congenital defect of the anus; there is partial or complete obstruction of the anal opening) is found to be associated with 326 drugs and 170 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Omeprazole and Imperforate anus reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Imperforate anus when taking Omeprazole *:
- female: 20 %
- male: 80 %
Age of people who have Imperforate anus when taking Omeprazole *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Omeprazole *:
- Aspirin: 4 people, 80.00%
- Topamax: 3 people, 60.00%
- Ambien: 2 people, 40.00%
- Metoprolol Tartrate: 1 person, 20.00%
- Bactrim: 1 person, 20.00%
- Benadryl: 1 person, 20.00%
- Cellcept: 1 person, 20.00%
- Cyclosporine: 1 person, 20.00%
- Enbrel: 1 person, 20.00%
- Forteo: 1 person, 20.00%
Common side effects people have besides Imperforate anus *:
- Ear Barotrauma (discomfort and possible damage in the ear due to pressure differences between the inside and outside of the eardrum): 3 people, 60.00%
- Swallowing Difficulty: 3 people, 60.00%
- Sleep Apnea Syndrome: 3 people, 60.00%
- Feeding Disorder (when children refuse to eat certain food groups): 3 people, 60.00%
- Otitis Media Chronic (long lasting inflammation of the middle ear): 3 people, 60.00%
- Developmental Delay: 3 people, 60.00%
- Low Birth Weight Baby: 3 people, 60.00%
- Craniosynostosis (a baby is born with an abnormally shaped skull or develops one during growth): 3 people, 60.00%
- Hypospadias (an abnormal condition in males in which the urethra opens on the under surface of the penis): 3 people, 60.00%
- Conductive Deafness (deafness due to a problem in conducting sound waves): 3 people, 60.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Foetal Exposure During Pregnancy (exposing your unborn child to contraindicated in pregnancy leads birth defect): 3 people, 60.00%
- Pain: 1 person, 20.00%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 1 person, 20.00%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 1 person, 20.00%
- Depression: 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Omeprazole and have Imperforate anus?Check whether Imperforate anus is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Imperforate anus and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of omeprazole:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Omeprazole:
- Omeprazole (359,810 reports)
Common Omeprazole side effects:
Browse all side effects of Omeprazole:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Imperforate anus treatments and more:
- Imperforate anus (842 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Imperforate anus:
- Imperforate anus in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Imperforate anus in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Imperforate anus in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Imperforate anus:
- Norvir: 106 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Imperforate anus:
- Imperforate anus (326 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Imperforate anus:
All the conditions that are associated with Imperforate anus:
- Imperforate anus (170 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on omeprazole (the active ingredients of Omeprazole) and Omeprazole (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Naratriptan vs. Celexa - 24 seconds ago
- Hot Flush in Mycophenolate Mofetil, how severe and when it was recovered? - 27 seconds ago
- Cimzia and Azelastine drug interaction - 38 seconds ago
- Bleomycin Sulfate and Impetigo - 49 seconds ago
- Ritonavir and Gastrointestinal Perforation - 59 seconds ago
- Depakote Er vs. Cymbalta - a minute ago
- Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride and Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome - a minute ago
- How effective is Tramadol for Arthritis? - a minute ago
- Tequin and Vidaza drug interaction - 2 minutes ago
- Ativan and Skin Nodule - 2 minutes ago