Omeprazole and Knee deformity - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Knee deformity is found among people who take Omeprazole, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Omeprazole and have Knee deformity. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 351,142 people who have side effects when taking Omeprazole from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
351,142 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole.
Among them, 47 people (0.01%) have Knee deformity.
What is Omeprazole?
Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. eHealthMe is studying from 360,065 Omeprazole users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Knee deformity?
Knee deformity (functional disability of knee) is found to be associated with 206 drugs and 107 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Omeprazole and Knee deformity reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Knee deformity when taking Omeprazole *:
- female: 89.13 %
- male: 10.87 %
Age of people who have Knee deformity when taking Omeprazole *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 9.52 %
- 40-49: 4.76 %
- 50-59: 38.1 %
- 60+: 47.62 %
Common drugs people take besides Omeprazole *:
- Humira: 19 people, 40.43%
- Methotrexate: 8 people, 17.02%
- Arava: 7 people, 14.89%
- Synthroid: 6 people, 12.77%
- Calcium: 5 people, 10.64%
- Actemra: 5 people, 10.64%
- Paracetamol: 4 people, 8.51%
- Folic Acid: 4 people, 8.51%
- Fluoxetine: 4 people, 8.51%
- Simvastatin: 3 people, 6.38%
Common side effects people have besides Knee deformity *:
- Joint Pain: 20 people, 42.55%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 14 people, 29.79%
- Joint Swelling: 11 people, 23.40%
- Pain In Extremity: 11 people, 23.40%
- Gait Disturbance: 9 people, 19.15%
- Pain: 9 people, 19.15%
- Foot Deformity (functional disability of foot): 8 people, 17.02%
- Weakness: 7 people, 14.89%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 6 people, 12.77%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 6 people, 12.77%
Common conditions people have *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 25 people, 53.19%
- Pain: 18 people, 38.30%
- High Blood Pressure: 18 people, 38.30%
- Gastric Disorder (disease of stomach): 14 people, 29.79%
- Depression: 10 people, 21.28%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 10 people, 21.28%
- Bone Disorder: 9 people, 19.15%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 8 people, 17.02%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 7 people, 14.89%
- Joint Pain: 6 people, 12.77%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Omeprazole and have Knee deformity?Check whether Knee deformity is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Knee deformity and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of omeprazole:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Omeprazole:
- Omeprazole (360,065 reports)
Common Omeprazole side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 22,124 reports
- Diarrhea: 20,344 reports
- Chronic kidney disease: 19,690 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 18,194 reports
- Pain: 15,867 reports
- Drug ineffective: 15,549 reports
- Weakness: 15,449 reports
Browse all side effects of Omeprazole:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Knee deformity treatments and more:
- Knee deformity (1,572 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Knee deformity:
- Knee deformity in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Knee deformity in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Knee deformity in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Knee deformity:
- Humira: 238 reports
- Methotrexate: 198 reports
- Enbrel: 160 reports
- Prednisone: 137 reports
- Fosamax: 136 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Knee deformity:
- Knee deformity (206 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Knee deformity:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 360 reports
- Osteoporosis: 128 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Knee deformity:
- Knee deformity (107 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on omeprazole (the active ingredients of Omeprazole) and Omeprazole (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Clopra and Pulmicort Respules drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Alprazolam and Muscle Strain - 8 seconds ago
- Gout and drugs of ingredients of nifedipine - 39 seconds ago
- Chronic Kidney Disease and Cardiac Failure - a minute ago
- Azathioprine and Hypothyroidism - 2 minutes ago
- Tricor and Upper Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage - 2 minutes ago
- Xarelto and Arterial Occlusive Disease - 3 minutes ago
- Acanya and Cambia drug interaction - 3 minutes ago
- Stiolto Respimat and High Blood Cholesterol - 3 minutes ago
- Rivaroxaban and Ischaemic Cardiomyopathy - 5 minutes ago