Will you have Nausea and vomiting with Omeprazole - from FDA reports
Nausea and vomiting is found among people who take Omeprazole, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 217,985 people who have side effects when taking Omeprazole from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on omeprazole (the active ingredients of Omeprazole) and Omeprazole (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Nausea and vomiting are also considered in the study.
What is Omeprazole?
Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Omeprazole 224,591 users)
What is Nausea and vomiting?
Nausea and vomiting has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, depression (latest reports from 312,432 Nausea and vomiting patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
217,985 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole.
Among them, 9,251 people (4.24%) have Nausea and vomiting
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Omeprazole when people have Nausea and vomiting *:
- < 1 month: 47.56 %
- 1 - 6 months: 25.81 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.35 %
- 1 - 2 years: 5.69 %
- 2 - 5 years: 5.69 %
- 5 - 10 years: 3.25 %
- 10+ years: 2.64 %
Gender of people who have Nausea and vomiting when taking Omeprazole *:
- female: 65.39 %
- male: 34.61 %
Age of people who have Nausea and vomiting when taking Omeprazole *:
- 0-1: 0.27 %
- 2-9: 0.68 %
- 10-19: 2.86 %
- 20-29: 4.26 %
- 30-39: 6.51 %
- 40-49: 12.26 %
- 50-59: 20.57 %
- 60+: 52.57 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 947 people, 10.24%
- Pain: 830 people, 8.97%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 579 people, 6.26%
- Depression: 575 people, 6.22%
- Preventive Health Care: 465 people, 5.03%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 444 people, 4.80%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 405 people, 4.38%
- Stress And Anxiety: 382 people, 4.13%
- Diabetes: 330 people, 3.57%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 327 people, 3.53%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin: 702 people, 7.59%
- Amlodipine: 570 people, 6.16%
- Humira: 562 people, 6.08%
- Ondansetron: 556 people, 6.01%
- Metformin: 532 people, 5.75%
- Simvastatin: 514 people, 5.56%
- Lisinopril: 501 people, 5.42%
- Furosemide: 459 people, 4.96%
- Zofran: 440 people, 4.76%
- Lasix: 438 people, 4.73%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 4,637 people, 50.12%
- Diarrhea: 2,820 people, 30.48%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,376 people, 14.87%
- Weakness: 1,355 people, 14.65%
- Abdominal Pain: 1,347 people, 14.56%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 1,281 people, 13.85%
- Headache (pain in head): 1,250 people, 13.51%
- Dizziness: 1,240 people, 13.40%
- Fever: 1,173 people, 12.68%
- Breathing Difficulty: 1,088 people, 11.76%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Nausea and vomiting while taking Omeprazole?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Nausea and vomiting
- Subscribe to monitor Nausea and vomiting in Omeprazole
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Omeprazole and have Nausea and vomiting
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Drugs that are associated with Nausea and vomitingNausea and vomiting (3,911 drugs)
Could your condition cause Nausea and vomitingNausea and vomiting (5,011 conditions)
Omeprazole side effects
- Omeprazole side effects (218,064 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Omeprazolea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Bone Pain with Minitran? - now
- Will you have Hypercalcemia with Osteoarthritis? - now
- Will you have Vasculitis with Hydrochlorothiazide? - a second ago
- Will you have Oral Pain with Smoking Cessation Therapy? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Factitious Hyperthyroidism with Naglazyme? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Weight Loss - Unintentional with Desloratadine? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Weight Decreased with Desloratadine? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Orthostatic Hypotension with Maprotiline Hydrochloride? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Aspartate Aminotransferase Increased with Vontrol? - 4 seconds ago
- Men aged 30-39 who have Jaundice - Yellow Skin with Moduretic 5-50 - 7 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- Drug comparison of Lithium Carbonate, Mirtazapine for a 69 year old woman - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 41 year old woman who takes Vitamin D2, Synthroid, Zantac 150, Buspar, Atarax, Naproxen Sodium - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 69 year old woman who takes Losartan - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 80 year old man who takes Diovan Hct - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 49 year old woman who takes Viibryd - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 56 year old woman who takes Aldactone, Cozaar, Norvasc - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 63 year old man who takes Horizant, Protonix, Diazepam, Lipitor, Metoprolol Tartrate, Adderall, Lexapro - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Allopurinol - 9 hours ago
- A study for a 52 year old man who takes Testosterone - 9 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Seroquel, Valium for a 42 year old woman - 10 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.