Omeprazole and Sudden death - from FDA reports
Sudden death is found among people who take Omeprazole, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Furosemide, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Sudden death with Omeprazole. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 174,713 people who have side effects when taking Omeprazole from FDA, and is updated regularly.
174,713 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole.
Among them, 3,563 people (2.04%) have Sudden death
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Omeprazole when people have Sudden death *:
- < 1 month: 43.03 %
- 1 - 6 months: 30.91 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.27 %
- 1 - 2 years: 6.67 %
- 2 - 5 years: 6.06 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.61 %
- 10+ years: 5.45 %
Gender of people who have Sudden death when taking Omeprazole *:
- female: 47.66 %
- male: 52.34 %
Age of people who have Sudden death when taking Omeprazole *:
- 0-1: 0.49 %
- 2-9: 0.25 %
- 10-19: 0.7 %
- 20-29: 0.77 %
- 30-39: 3.98 %
- 40-49: 7.39 %
- 50-59: 15.7 %
- 60+: 70.7 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 345 people, 9.68%
- High Blood Pressure: 234 people, 6.57%
- Pain: 221 people, 6.20%
- Preventive Health Care: 159 people, 4.46%
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (primary high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of your heart): 135 people, 3.79%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Furosemide: 377 people, 10.58%
- Revlimid: 317 people, 8.90%
- Aspirin: 315 people, 8.84%
- Lasix: 300 people, 8.42%
- Prednisone: 241 people, 6.76%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty: 249 people, 6.99%
- Weakness: 208 people, 5.84%
- Pneumonia: 188 people, 5.28%
- Pain: 186 people, 5.22%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 177 people, 4.97%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Experience matters! A new approach to health care:
What's next: manage your medications
- Subscribe to monitor Sudden death in Omeprazole
- Subscribe to monitor Omeprazole
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Sudden death
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Omeprazole 181,319 users)
Sudden death has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, primary pulmonary hypertension, chronic myeloid leukaemia, diabetes, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 386,249 Sudden death patients).
Drugs that are associated with Sudden deathSudden death (1,633 drugs)
Could your condition cause Sudden deathSudden death (3,568 conditions)
Omeprazole side effects
- Omeprazole side effects (174,792 reports)
Browse all side effects of Omeprazolea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Sudden Death
- Support group for people who have Sudden Death
- Support group for people who take Omeprazole
You may be interested in these posts
- I’m trying to get off this medication but yesterday was real bad with reflux. I joined the group to get diet advice and suggestions for healing my gut! 😌
- Hi Im new to the group! I cant wait to chat with people that have the same problem as I do.
- My husband was prescribed Omeprazole in 2010 After 18 months on this drug he developed severe anxiety/delusional thinking/insomnia/back and leg pain etc.
- I am 78 retired professor,Had blood cancer last year,cured due to radiation and chemo,Had uti since then.A month ago sudden backpain started,It is not simple. Doctor found in mri and bonedensity test high ostioporasys.I took shot of prolia now and hope for normal life,.Due to high pain in...
- I developed insomnia with omezaprole
- Will you have Ear Tuberculosis with Helicobacter Infection?
- Will you have Dizziness with Banzel?
- Will you have Fibroids with Orap?
- Will you have Marijuana Abuse with Flonase?
- Will you have Stress with Narcan?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who have Helicobacter Infection and Ear Tuberculosis?
- Support group for people who take Banzel and have Dizziness?
- Support group for people who take Orap and have Fibroids?
- Support group for people who take Flonase and have Marijuana Abuse?
- Support group for people who take Narcan and have Stress?
- Hi Have been taking Olmetec Plus for about one year and take Tylenol extra strength for headache...
- Hi, 2 months ago I had a suspicion of having malaria so I took 2 days of emergency Malarone...
- Hi, I'm Rich McDermott from Levittown NY. Just started taking Flomax a week ago after prostate...
- First time taking the Depo shot in the beginning of June, now dealing with headaches and joints. I...
- Debbie had a heart attack march 29 of this year had 1 stint put in and 2 more to go they put on...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.