Omniscan and Clostridium difficile colitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Clostridium difficile colitis is found among people who take Omniscan, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Omniscan and have Clostridium difficile colitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,128 people who have side effects when taking Omniscan from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
6,128 people reported to have side effects when taking Omniscan.
Among them, 13 people (0.21%) have Clostridium difficile colitis.
What is Omniscan?
Omniscan has active ingredients of gadodiamide. eHealthMe is studying from 6,131 Omniscan users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Clostridium difficile colitis?
Clostridium difficile colitis (inflammation of colon by clostridium difficile bacteria infection) is found to be associated with 1,973 drugs and 1,617 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Omniscan and Clostridium difficile colitis reports submitted per year:
Time on Omniscan when people have Clostridium difficile colitis *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Clostridium difficile colitis when taking Omniscan *:
- female: 27.27 %
- male: 72.73 %
Age of people who have Clostridium difficile colitis when taking Omniscan *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 20 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 10 %
- 50-59: 70 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Omniscan *:
- Optimark: 12 people, 92.31%
- Multihance: 4 people, 30.77%
- Prohance: 4 people, 30.77%
- Magnevist: 4 people, 30.77%
- Coumadin: 3 people, 23.08%
- Cardizem: 2 people, 15.38%
- Dilantin: 2 people, 15.38%
- Sensipar: 2 people, 15.38%
- Synthroid: 2 people, 15.38%
- Prilosec: 2 people, 15.38%
Common side effects people have besides Clostridium difficile colitis *:
- Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis (involves fibrosis of skin, joints, eyes due to kidney disease): 13 people, 100.00%
- Pneumonia: 12 people, 92.31%
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: 11 people, 84.62%
- Intervertebral Disc Degeneration (spinal disc degeneration): 9 people, 69.23%
- Intervertebral Disc Protrusion (spinal disc protrusion): 9 people, 69.23%
- Restless Leg Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs): 9 people, 69.23%
- Staphylococcal Sepsis (blood infection by an infection with staphylococcus bacteria): 9 people, 69.23%
- Confusional State: 9 people, 69.23%
- Pulmonary Hypertension (increase in blood pressure in the lung artery): 9 people, 69.23%
- Allergic Granulomatous Angiitis (allergic inflammation of a blood vessel or lymph duct): 9 people, 69.23%
Common conditions people have *:
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging Brain: 11 people, 84.62%
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging Abdominal: 1 person, 7.69%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 1 person, 7.69%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Omniscan and have Clostridium difficile colitis?Check whether Clostridium difficile colitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Clostridium difficile colitis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of gadodiamide:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Omniscan:
- Omniscan (6,131 reports)
Common Omniscan side effects:
Browse all side effects of Omniscan:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Clostridium difficile colitis treatments and more:
- Clostridium difficile colitis (12,163 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Clostridium difficile colitis:
- Clostridium difficile colitis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Clostridium difficile colitis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Clostridium difficile colitis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Clostridium difficile colitis:
- Prednisone: 1,229 reports
- Methotrexate: 743 reports
- Cyclophosphamide: 735 reports
- Aspirin: 730 reports
- Omeprazole: 579 reports
- Metronidazole: 577 reports
- Etoposide: 560 reports
- Cytarabine: 544 reports
- Furosemide: 501 reports
- Revlimid: 492 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Clostridium difficile colitis:
- Clostridium difficile colitis (1,973 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Clostridium difficile colitis:
- High blood pressure: 709 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 698 reports
- Pain: 449 reports
- Acute lymphocytic leukemia (all): 402 reports
- Crohn's disease: 358 reports
- Urinary tract infection: 338 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 332 reports
- Osteoporosis: 317 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Clostridium difficile colitis:
- Clostridium difficile colitis (1,617 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on gadodiamide (the active ingredients of Omniscan) and Omniscan (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Oxycodone and Paclitaxel drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Milk Of Magnesia and Amoxicillin drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Coreg Cr and Arthritis - 10 seconds ago
- Novantrone and Prednisone drug interaction - 58 seconds ago
- Cardizem and Viagra drug interaction - a minute ago
- Cytotec and Pre-Eclampsia - a minute ago
- Glipizide and Speech Impairment (Adult) - a minute ago
- Kevzara and Lyrica drug interaction - a minute ago
- Vicodin Es and Lyrica drug interaction - 2 minutes ago
- Lyrica and Simvastatin drug interaction - 2 minutes ago