Will you have Speech disorder with Onglyza - from FDA reports
Speech disorder is found among people who take Onglyza, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aldactone, and have High blood pressure. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,496 people who have side effects when taking Onglyza from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on saxagliptin hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Onglyza) and Onglyza (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Speech disorder are also considered in the study.
What is Onglyza?
Onglyza has active ingredients of saxagliptin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Onglyza 6,608 users)
What is Speech disorder?
Speech disorder has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 38,473 Speech disorder patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
6,496 people reported to have side effects when taking Onglyza.
Among them, 13 people (0.2%) have Speech disorder
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Onglyza when people have Speech disorder *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 100 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Speech disorder when taking Onglyza *:
- female: 38.46 %
- male: 61.54 %
Age of people who have Speech disorder when taking Onglyza *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 12.5 %
- 60+: 87.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 7 people, 53.85%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 5 people, 38.46%
- Gastric Disorder (disease of stomach): 3 people, 23.08%
- Pain: 3 people, 23.08%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2 people, 15.38%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 2 people, 15.38%
- Eye Infection: 2 people, 15.38%
- Eye Pruritus (eye itching): 2 people, 15.38%
- Supplementation Therapy: 2 people, 15.38%
- Indigestion: 2 people, 15.38%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aldactone: 6 people, 46.15%
- Pantoprazole: 4 people, 30.77%
- Insulin: 4 people, 30.77%
- Adalat: 3 people, 23.08%
- Metformin: 3 people, 23.08%
- Diovan Hct: 3 people, 23.08%
- Apidra: 2 people, 15.38%
- Bydureon: 2 people, 15.38%
- Crestor: 2 people, 15.38%
- Dexilant: 2 people, 15.38%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Indigestion: 3 people, 23.08%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 3 people, 23.08%
- Pneumonia: 3 people, 23.08%
- Poor Peripheral Circulation: 3 people, 23.08%
- Ischaemia (insufficient supply of blood to an organ, usually due to a blocked artery): 3 people, 23.08%
- Weight Loss: 3 people, 23.08%
- Headache (pain in head): 3 people, 23.08%
- Fall: 3 people, 23.08%
- Swallowing Difficulty: 3 people, 23.08%
- Carotid Artery Stenosis (narrowing of carotid artery): 3 people, 23.08%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Speech disorder while taking Onglyza?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Speech disorder
- Subscribe to monitor Speech disorder in Onglyza
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Onglyza and have Speech disorder
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Drugs that are associated with Speech disorderSpeech disorder (2,158 drugs)
Could your condition cause Speech disorderSpeech disorder (2,055 conditions)
Onglyza side effects
- Onglyza side effects (6,499 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Onglyzaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Bactroban and Victoza drug interaction - now
- Captopril and Omega-3 drug interaction - a second ago
- What to expect when you take Trintellix and Seroquel - 2 seconds ago
- Lithium Citrate and Abilify drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Gallstones with Daliresp? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Cholelithiasis with Daliresp? - 2 seconds ago
- Pahari Pudina and Ligustilides drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Baker'S Cyst with Fish Oil? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Drug Screen False Positive with Atenolol? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Kawasaki'S Disease with Fluconazole? - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 34 year old man who takes Diazepam, Zopiclone, Alprazolam - an hour ago
- A study for a 30 year old man who takes Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Fluoxetine - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 21 year old woman who takes Cataflam, Amoxicillin, Zantac 150 - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 61 year old woman who takes Sodium Ascorbate, Gabapentin, Prednisone, Norco, Acyclovir - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 42 year old woman who takes Phentermine Hydrochloride - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 34 year old woman who takes Olanzapine, Suboxone - 4 hours ago
- Prediction of Methotrexate, Humira for a 38 year old man - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 35 year old woman who takes Tysabri, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vesicare, Fish Oil, Cranberry, Vitamin B12, Biotin, Vitamin D, Lo Loestrin Fe - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 74 year old man who takes Flomax, Atorvastatin Calcium, Alphagan - 13 hours ago
- A study for a 25 year old man who takes Modafinil - 13 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.