Opsumit and Abscess jaw - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Abscess jaw is found among people who take Opsumit, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Opsumit and have Abscess jaw. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 55,330 people who have side effects when taking Opsumit from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
55,330 people reported to have side effects when taking Opsumit.
Among them, 11 people (0.02%) have Abscess jaw.
What is Opsumit?
Opsumit has active ingredients of macitentan. eHealthMe is studying from 55,342 Opsumit users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Abscess jaw?
Abscess jaw (tooth abscess or root abscess) is found to be associated with 757 drugs and 293 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Opsumit and Abscess jaw reports submitted per year:
Time on Opsumit when people have Abscess jaw *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 100 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Abscess jaw when taking Opsumit *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Abscess jaw when taking Opsumit *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 80 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 20 %
Common drugs people take besides Opsumit *:
- Remodulin: 9 people, 81.82%
- Metoclopramide Hcl: 8 people, 72.73%
- Coumadin: 7 people, 63.64%
- Prozac: 2 people, 18.18%
Common side effects people have besides Abscess jaw *:
- Tooth Abscess (pus formation in tooth): 9 people, 81.82%
- Suicidal Ideation: 9 people, 81.82%
- Memory Loss: 8 people, 72.73%
- Depression: 8 people, 72.73%
- Impaired Gastric Emptying: 8 people, 72.73%
- Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing): 8 people, 72.73%
- Weight Decreased: 8 people, 72.73%
- Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat): 8 people, 72.73%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 8 people, 72.73%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 8 people, 72.73%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pulmonary Hypertension (increase in blood pressure in the lung artery): 9 people, 81.82%
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (primary high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of your heart): 2 people, 18.18%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Opsumit and have Abscess jaw?Check whether Abscess jaw is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Abscess jaw and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of macitentan:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Opsumit:
- Opsumit (55,342 reports)
Common Opsumit side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 12,956 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 8,853 reports
- Diarrhea: 7,182 reports
- Death: 5,609 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 5,534 reports
- Pneumonia: 5,093 reports
- Dizziness: 4,856 reports
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 4,436 reports
Browse all side effects of Opsumit:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Abscess jaw treatments and more:
- Abscess jaw (1,929 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Abscess jaw:
- Abscess jaw in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Abscess jaw in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Abscess jaw in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Abscess jaw:
- Zometa: 737 reports
- Aredia: 412 reports
- Fosamax: 409 reports
- Prednisone: 209 reports
- Vioxx: 151 reports
- Coumadin: 145 reports
- Dexamethasone: 144 reports
- Percocet: 141 reports
- Femara: 135 reports
- Arimidex: 129 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Abscess jaw:
- Abscess jaw (757 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Abscess jaw:
- Osteoporosis: 405 reports
- Breast cancer: 197 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 190 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 139 reports
- Pain: 119 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Abscess jaw:
- Abscess jaw (293 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on macitentan (the active ingredients of Opsumit) and Opsumit (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Vytorin and Xopenex Hfa drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- How effective is Alprazolam for Stress And Anxiety? - 11 seconds ago
- Stelara and Anastomotic Fistula - 14 seconds ago
- Xanax and Benign Ovarian Tumor - 22 seconds ago
- Tarceva and Haemorrhoids Aggravated - 32 seconds ago
- Rifampin and Heart Attack - 33 seconds ago
- Fluphenazine and Mycophenolate Mofetil drug interaction - 34 seconds ago
- Norepinephrine Bitartrate and Left Ventricular Hypertrophy - 34 seconds ago
- Tigan and Sjogren Syndrome - 36 seconds ago
- Ceftriaxone Sodium and Mobic drug interaction - 40 seconds ago