Opsumit and Ill-defined disorder - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Ill-defined disorder is found among people who take Opsumit, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Opsumit and have Ill-defined disorder. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 55,330 people who have side effects when taking Opsumit from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
55,330 people reported to have side effects when taking Opsumit.
Among them, 97 people (0.18%) have Ill-defined disorder.
What is Opsumit?
Opsumit has active ingredients of macitentan. eHealthMe is studying from 55,342 Opsumit users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Ill-defined disorder?
Ill-defined disorder is found to be associated with 1,860 drugs and 1,129 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Opsumit and Ill-defined disorder reports submitted per year:
Time on Opsumit when people have Ill-defined disorder *:
- < 1 month: 22.22 %
- 1 - 6 months: 22.22 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 22.22 %
- 2 - 5 years: 33.33 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Ill-defined disorder when taking Opsumit *:
- female: 78.35 %
- male: 21.65 %
Age of people who have Ill-defined disorder when taking Opsumit *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 4.17 %
- 20-29: 1.39 %
- 30-39: 6.94 %
- 40-49: 15.28 %
- 50-59: 12.5 %
- 60+: 59.72 %
Common drugs people take besides Opsumit *:
- Adempas: 18 people, 18.56%
- Uptravi: 17 people, 17.53%
- Revatio: 15 people, 15.46%
- Adcirca: 13 people, 13.40%
- Flolan: 13 people, 13.40%
- Veletri: 13 people, 13.40%
- Remodulin: 12 people, 12.37%
- Eliquis: 10 people, 10.31%
- Coumadin: 9 people, 9.28%
- Amlodipine: 9 people, 9.28%
Common side effects people have besides Ill-defined disorder *:
- Breathing Difficulty: 39 people, 40.21%
- Diarrhea: 30 people, 30.93%
- Pain In Jaw: 22 people, 22.68%
- Headache (pain in head): 21 people, 21.65%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 18 people, 18.56%
- Abdominal Distension: 17 people, 17.53%
- Dyspnea Exertional: 16 people, 16.49%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 15 people, 15.46%
- Feeling Abnormal: 14 people, 14.43%
- Hospitalisation: 13 people, 13.40%
Common conditions people have *:
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (primary high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of your heart): 76 people, 78.35%
- Pulmonary Hypertension (increase in blood pressure in the lung artery): 19 people, 19.59%
- Cor Pulmonale Chronic (long lasting enlargement of the right ventricle of the heart): 5 people, 5.15%
- Raynaud's Phenomenon (discoloration of the fingers, toes, and occasionally other areas): 4 people, 4.12%
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 1 person, 1.03%
- Hypersensitivity: 1 person, 1.03%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 1 person, 1.03%
- Atherosclerosis (disorder of the arteries): 1 person, 1.03%
- Breathing Difficulty: 1 person, 1.03%
- Fever: 1 person, 1.03%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Opsumit and have Ill-defined disorder?Check whether Ill-defined disorder is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Ill-defined disorder and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of macitentan:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Opsumit:
- Opsumit (55,342 reports)
Common Opsumit side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 12,956 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 8,853 reports
- Diarrhea: 7,182 reports
- Death: 5,609 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 5,534 reports
- Pneumonia: 5,093 reports
- Dizziness: 4,856 reports
Browse all side effects of Opsumit:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Ill-defined disorder treatments and more:
- Ill-defined disorder (82,150 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Ill-defined disorder:
- Ill-defined disorder in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Ill-defined disorder in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Ill-defined disorder in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Ill-defined disorder:
- Prednisone: 3,991 reports
- Methotrexate: 3,731 reports
- Enbrel: 3,454 reports
- Actemra: 3,032 reports
- Orencia: 2,326 reports
- Humira: 2,263 reports
- Cimzia: 2,112 reports
- Arava: 2,099 reports
- Pantoprazole: 2,096 reports
- Simponi: 2,003 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Ill-defined disorder:
- Ill-defined disorder (1,860 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Ill-defined disorder:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 2,856 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 1,645 reports
- Asthma: 1,234 reports
- High blood pressure: 916 reports
- Depression: 879 reports
- Pain: 830 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 750 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Ill-defined disorder:
- Ill-defined disorder (1,129 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on macitentan (the active ingredients of Opsumit) and Opsumit (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Aspirin and Tolterodine drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Progesterone and Maternal Exposure During Pregnancy - 6 seconds ago
- Aranesp and Abstral drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Cyanocobalamin and Abdominal Abscess - 10 seconds ago
- Amoxicillin and Rashes - 12 seconds ago
- Nicotine and Lung Disorder - 14 seconds ago
- Zoloft and Skin Blushing/Flushing - 26 seconds ago
- Prednisone and Tizanidine Hydrochloride drug interaction - 28 seconds ago
- Prednicarbate and Aripiprazole drug interaction - 33 seconds ago
- Dermatitis Atopic Aggravated and Blepharitis - 39 seconds ago