Optimark and Anaphylaxis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Anaphylaxis is found among people who take Optimark, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Optimark and have Anaphylaxis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,047 people who have side effects when taking Optimark from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
3,047 people reported to have side effects when taking Optimark.
Among them, 10 people (0.33%) have Anaphylaxis.
What is Optimark?
Optimark has active ingredients of gadoversetamide. eHealthMe is studying from 3,048 Optimark users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Anaphylaxis?
Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death) is found to be associated with 3,190 drugs and 2,651 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Optimark and Anaphylaxis reports submitted per year:
Time on Optimark when people have Anaphylaxis *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Optimark *:
- female: 44.44 %
- male: 55.56 %
Age of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Optimark *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 12.5 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 50.0 %
- 50-59: 12.5 %
- 60+: 25.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Optimark *:
- Magnevist: 5 people, 50.00%
- Zithromax: 4 people, 40.00%
- Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim: 4 people, 40.00%
- Metronidazole: 4 people, 40.00%
- Hydrochlorothiazide: 4 people, 40.00%
- Alprazolam: 4 people, 40.00%
- Acetaminophen And Hydrocodone Bitartrate: 2 people, 20.00%
- Tysabri: 1 person, 10.00%
- Tramadol: 1 person, 10.00%
- Solu-Medrol: 1 person, 10.00%
Common side effects people have besides Anaphylaxis *:
- Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis (involves fibrosis of skin, joints, eyes due to kidney disease): 5 people, 50.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 5 people, 50.00%
- Tricuspid Valve Incompetence (inefficient heart valve): 4 people, 40.00%
- Interstitial Lung Disease: 4 people, 40.00%
- Activities Of Daily Living Impaired: 4 people, 40.00%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 4 people, 40.00%
- Clavicle Fracture: 4 people, 40.00%
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye): 4 people, 40.00%
- Constipation: 4 people, 40.00%
- Depression: 4 people, 40.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging Brain: 2 people, 20.00%
- Pain: 1 person, 10.00%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 1 person, 10.00%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 1 person, 10.00%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 1 person, 10.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Optimark and have Anaphylaxis?Check whether Anaphylaxis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- An?eli? N, Erdeljan S, Popovi? R, Bo?i? T, "Anaphylaxis on graft reperfusion during orthotopic liver transplantation: A case study", Srpski arhiv za celokupno lekarstvo, 2016 Jan .
- Thangakunam B, Christopher DJ, Mathews V, Srivastava A, "Mesenchymal stromal stem cell therapy in advanced interstitial lung disease-Anaphylaxis and short-term follow-up", Lung India: official organ of Indian Chest Society, 2015 Jan .
- Guensley Delva, M. D., & Muse, I, "Rare case of laryngeal edema and anaphylaxis to Ofirmev (IV Acetaminophen): Case Report", , 2012 Jan .
- Azkur D, Yoldas T, Toyran M, Kocabas CN, "A pediatric case of anaphylaxis due to octreotide", Asian Pacific journal of allergy and immunology, 2011 Dec .
How severe was Anaphylaxis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of gadoversetamide:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Optimark:
- Optimark (3,048 reports)
Common Optimark side effects:
- Pain: 1,895 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 1,085 reports
Browse all side effects of Optimark:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Anaphylaxis treatments and more:
- Anaphylaxis (78,714 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Anaphylaxis:
- Anaphylaxis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Anaphylaxis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Anaphylaxis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Anaphylaxis:
- Xolair: 3,904 reports
- Methotrexate: 3,245 reports
- Prednisone: 3,046 reports
- Propofol: 3,042 reports
- Humira: 2,285 reports
- Remicade: 2,253 reports
- Enbrel: 1,915 reports
- Aspirin: 1,888 reports
- Ibu: 1,887 reports
- Profen: 1,885 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Anaphylaxis:
- Anaphylaxis (3,190 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Anaphylaxis:
- Asthma: 3,126 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 3,028 reports
- High blood pressure: 2,212 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 2,127 reports
- Pain: 1,541 reports
- Crohn's disease: 1,179 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Anaphylaxis:
- Anaphylaxis (2,651 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on gadoversetamide (the active ingredients of Optimark) and Optimark (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pancytopenia and drugs of ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride - now
- Nicoderm Cq and Osteoporotic Fracture - 8 seconds ago
- Diazepam and Photophobia - 42 seconds ago
- Hair Loss in Testoderm, how severe and when it was recovered? - a minute ago
- Velcade and Blood Bilirubin Decreased - a minute ago
- Plavix and Lovaza drug interaction - a minute ago
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (Itp) and Antibody Test Positive - 2 minutes ago
- Effexor Xr and Meningioma - 2 minutes ago
- Dapsone and Large Intestinal Ulcer - 2 minutes ago
- Meropenem and Robinul drug interaction - 3 minutes ago