Ortho evra and Artery dissection - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 29,104 people who have side effects when taking Ortho evra. Artery dissection is found, especially among people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take Meclizine and have Headache.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Ortho evra and have Artery dissection. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
29,104 people reported to have side effects when taking Ortho evra.
Among them, 32 people (0.11%) have Artery dissection.
What is Ortho evra?
Ortho evra has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; norelgestromin. It is used in birth control. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 29,256 Ortho evra users.
What is Artery dissection?
Artery dissection is found to be associated with 272 drugs and 165 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 508 people who have Artery dissection.
Number of Ortho evra and Artery dissection reports submitted per year:
Time on Ortho evra when people have Artery dissection *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 87.5 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 12.5 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Artery dissection when taking Ortho evra *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Artery dissection when taking Ortho evra *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 33.33 %
- 30-39: 66.67 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Ortho evra *:
- Meclizine: 12 people, 37.50%
- Advil Liqui-Gels: 10 people, 31.25%
- Soma: 6 people, 18.75%
- Claritin: 6 people, 18.75%
- Imitrex: 5 people, 15.62%
- Proventil-Hfa: 3 people, 9.38%
- Proventil: 3 people, 9.38%
- Advil: 2 people, 6.25%
- Depo-Provera: 1 person, 3.12%
- Antivert: 1 person, 3.12%
Common side effects people have besides Artery dissection *:
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 20 people, 62.50%
- Cerebral Infarction (less blood supply to brain resulting tissue damage): 8 people, 25.00%
- Thrombosis (formation of a blood clot inside a blood vessel): 6 people, 18.75%
- Cerebellar Infarction (impaired blood circulation to cerebellum): 6 people, 18.75%
- Respiratory Acidosis (respiratory failure or ventilatory failure, causes the ph of blood and other bodily fluids to decrease): 5 people, 15.62%
- Pneumonia: 5 people, 15.62%
- Locked-In Syndrome (a condition in which a patient is aware and awake but cannot move or communicate verbally due to complete paralysis): 5 people, 15.62%
- Consciousness - Decreased: 5 people, 15.62%
- Migraine (headache): 1 person, 3.12%
- Cerebellar Atrophy (degeneration of the section of the brain responsible for balance, voluntary muscle movements): 1 person, 3.12%
Common conditions people have *:
- Headache (pain in head): 18 people, 56.25%
- Dizziness: 12 people, 37.50%
- Migraine (headache): 11 people, 34.38%
- Multiple Allergies (allergy to multiple agents): 6 people, 18.75%
- Asthma: 6 people, 18.75%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ortho evra and have Artery dissection?Check whether Artery dissection is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Ortho evra side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Ortho evra side effects (29,256 reports)
Artery dissection treatments and more:
- Artery dissection (508 reports)
All the drugs that are associated with Artery dissection:
- Artery dissection (272 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Artery dissection:
- Artery dissection (165 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ethinyl estradiol; norelgestromin (the active ingredients of Ortho evra) and Ortho evra (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Montelukast Sodium and Fluoxetine drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Miralax and Minoxidil drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Amlodipine and Loniten drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Insulin and Orgaran drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Advair Hfa and Dry Eyes - 23 seconds ago
- Dilaudid and Radiculitis - 23 seconds ago
- Xyrem and Erythromelalgia - 28 seconds ago
- Selzentry and Lunesta drug interaction - 28 seconds ago
- Cymbalta and Bradycardia - 41 seconds ago
- Avonex and Bone Neoplasm Malignant - 59 seconds ago