Will you have Urticaria with Ortho evra - from FDA reports
Urticaria is found among people who take Ortho evra, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Benadryl, and have Pain. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 28,979 people who have side effects when taking Ortho evra from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on ethinyl estradiol; norelgestromin (the active ingredients of Ortho evra) and Ortho evra (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Urticaria are also considered in the study.
What is Ortho evra?
Ortho evra has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; norelgestromin. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Ortho evra 29,128 users)
What is Urticaria?
Urticaria (rash of round, red welts on the skin that itch intensely) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 93,619 Urticaria patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
28,979 people reported to have side effects when taking Ortho evra.
Among them, 102 people (0.35%) have Urticaria
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ortho evra when people have Urticaria *:
- < 1 month: 75.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 14.29 %
- 6 - 12 months: 3.57 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.57 %
- 2 - 5 years: 3.57 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Urticaria when taking Ortho evra *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Urticaria when taking Ortho evra *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 20.83 %
- 20-29: 40.28 %
- 30-39: 36.11 %
- 40-49: 1.39 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 1.39 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 2 people, 1.96%
- Uterine Leiomyoma (uterine benign tumour derived from smooth muscle): 1 person, 0.98%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 1 person, 0.98%
- Anticoagulant Therapy: 1 person, 0.98%
- Basedow's Disease (autoimmune disease where the thyroid is overactive, producing an excessive amount of thyroid hormones): 1 person, 0.98%
- Depression: 1 person, 0.98%
- Dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation): 1 person, 0.98%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 1 person, 0.98%
- Ill-Defined Disorder: 1 person, 0.98%
- Menstrual Disorder (disease of menstrual cycle): 1 person, 0.98%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ativan: 3 people, 2.94%
- Benadryl: 3 people, 2.94%
- Effexor: 2 people, 1.96%
- Ambien: 2 people, 1.96%
- Tylenol: 2 people, 1.96%
- Daytrana: 2 people, 1.96%
- Haldol: 1 person, 0.98%
- Lorazepam: 1 person, 0.98%
- Lamictal: 1 person, 0.98%
- Klonopin: 1 person, 0.98%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Itching: 14 people, 13.73%
- Application Site Reaction: 11 people, 10.78%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 8 people, 7.84%
- Breathing Difficulty: 6 people, 5.88%
- Rashes (redness): 6 people, 5.88%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 5 people, 4.90%
- Headache (pain in head): 4 people, 3.92%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 4 people, 3.92%
- Rash Erythematous (redness of the skin): 4 people, 3.92%
- Face Oedema (swelling of face): 3 people, 2.94%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Urticaria while taking Ortho evra?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Urticaria
- Subscribe to monitor Urticaria in Ortho evra
- Subscribe to monitor Ortho evra
You are not alone, use our "Ginger Health" app to:
- connect with people like you who take Ortho evra and have Urticaria
- use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Semira ZA, Zulfkar Q, Sameem F, "Livedo reticularis associated with dapsone therapy in a patient with chronic urticaria", Indian journal of pharmacology, 2014 Jan .
- Sharma SP, Muggia F, "Supraventricular tachycardia and urticaria complicating leuprolide-induced ovarian suppression in a young woman with breast cancer: a case report", ecancermedicalscience, 2015 Jan .
- Musri FY, Mutlu H, Kıvrak Salim D, Karakurt Eryılmaz M, Ünal B, Tural D, Şenol Coşkun H, "Sorafenib-induced severe urticaria in a patient with hepatocellular cancer", Journal of Oncology Pharmacy Practice, 2016 Jan .
Drugs that are associated with UrticariaUrticaria (2,744 drugs)
Could your condition cause UrticariaUrticaria (2,712 conditions)
Ortho evra side effects
- Ortho evra side effects (28,982 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Ortho evraa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumour with Prevacid? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor with Prevacid? - 2 seconds ago
- Centrax vs. Clozapine - 3 seconds ago
- Danazol and Ibu drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Blood Creatine Phosphokinase Increased with Methylergonovine Maleate? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Thyroid Cancer with Monopril? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Tumor - Thyroid with Monopril? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Movement - Uncontrolled Or Slow with Orthostatic Hypotension? - 11 seconds ago
- Will you have Slow Involuntary Movements Of Large Muscle Groups with Orthostatic Hypotension? - 11 seconds ago
- Will you have Leg And Arm Movements - Uncontrollable with Orthostatic Hypotension? - 11 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 42 year old woman who takes Dulcolax, Zofran Odt - 58 minutes ago
- A study for a 76 year old man who takes Norco - an hour ago
- A study for a 48 year old man who takes Xarelto - 8 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Abilify, Sertraline for a 44 year old woman - 11 hours ago
- A study for a 89 year old woman who takes Bayer Low Dose Aspirin (81mg Aspirin), Warfarin Sodium, Metoprolol Tartrate, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Midodrine Hydrochloride - 15 hours ago
- A study for a 27 year old man who takes Spironolactone - 18 hours ago
- Prediction of Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Losartan Potassium for a 78 year old woman - 18 hours ago
- Prediction of Losartan Potassium for a 78 year old woman - 18 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.