Ortho evra and Urticaria - from FDA reports
Urticaria is found among people who take Ortho evra, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Benadryl, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Urticaria with Ortho evra. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 28,896 people who have side effects when taking Ortho evra from FDA, and is updated regularly.
28,896 people reported to have side effects when taking Ortho evra.
Among them, 102 people (0.35%) have Urticaria
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ortho evra when people have Urticaria *:
- < 1 month: 75.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 14.29 %
- 6 - 12 months: 3.57 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.57 %
- 2 - 5 years: 3.57 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Urticaria when taking Ortho evra *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Urticaria when taking Ortho evra *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 20.83 %
- 20-29: 40.28 %
- 30-39: 36.11 %
- 40-49: 1.39 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 1.39 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 2 people, 1.96%
- Uterine Leiomyoma (uterine benign tumour derived from smooth muscle): 1 person, 0.98%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 1 person, 0.98%
- Anticoagulant Therapy: 1 person, 0.98%
- Basedow's Disease (autoimmune disease where the thyroid is overactive, producing an excessive amount of thyroid hormones): 1 person, 0.98%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ativan: 3 people, 2.94%
- Benadryl: 3 people, 2.94%
- Effexor: 2 people, 1.96%
- Ambien: 2 people, 1.96%
- Tylenol: 2 people, 1.96%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Itching: 14 people, 13.73%
- Application Site Reaction: 11 people, 10.78%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 8 people, 7.84%
- Breathing Difficulty: 6 people, 5.88%
- Rashes (redness): 6 people, 5.88%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Urticaria
- You are not alone, connect with people like you
- Subscribe to monitor Urticaria in Ortho evra
- Become a Care Guide with your experience in Ortho evra and Urticaria
You could also:
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
Ortho evra has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; norelgestromin. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Ortho evra 29,045 users)
Urticaria (rash of round, red welts on the skin that itch intensely) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, pain (latest reports from 75,587 Urticaria patients).
Drugs that are associated with UrticariaUrticaria (2,704 drugs)
Could your condition cause UrticariaUrticaria (2,706 conditions)
Ortho evra side effects
- Ortho evra side effects (28,899 reports)
Browse all side effects of Ortho evraa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Semira ZA, Zulfkar Q, Sameem F, "Livedo reticularis associated with dapsone therapy in a patient with chronic urticaria", Indian journal of pharmacology, 2014 Jan .
- Sharma SP, Muggia F, "Supraventricular tachycardia and urticaria complicating leuprolide-induced ovarian suppression in a young woman with breast cancer: a case report", ecancermedicalscience, 2015 Jan .
- Musri FY, Mutlu H, Kıvrak Salim D, Karakurt Eryılmaz M, Ünal B, Tural D, Şenol Coşkun H, "Sorafenib-induced severe urticaria in a patient with hepatocellular cancer", Journal of Oncology Pharmacy Practice, 2016 Jan .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Ortho Evra and have Urticaria
- Support group for people who have Urticaria
- Support group for people who take Ortho Evra
You may be interested in these posts
- I'm a 68 years old female. Taking Xarelto 20 mg once a day, as I've auricular fibrillation (treated with amiodarone). After about 5 months treatment many little red dots appeared on my feet and hands. The don't itch, but they leave behind brownish marks. They seem to worsen with sun exposure.
- Hi everyone! Just trying to figure out why I have been feeling so tired/exhausted. Only link I can think of is the Ortho Evra patch... Anyone else experience this?
- hi there ,has any one else had hives with depo ?i got them straight after shot and had them ever since and no longer on shot
- Fatigue, joint pain, headaches, nausea... now itchy welts!!
- I just found out that my hives were likely due to Celexa. I had been this med for 6 months ehen they started and never considered it as an issue, so I have spent 3 months trying to find the culprit. I have been on steroids as it was the only thing that stopped them. I am worried as I am due to...
- What to expect when you have Cataplexy and Depression?
- Will you have Urination - Uncontrollable with Wellbutrin?
- Will you have Vomiting Projectile with Amoxicillin?
- Zolpidem and Beyaz drug interaction
- What to expect when you take Accutane and have Hypotension?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Wellbutrin and have Urination - Uncontrollable?
- Support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Vomiting Projectile?
- Support group for people who take Zolpidem and Beyaz
- Support group for people who take Promacta and have Dry Skin?
- Support group for people who have Latent Tb and Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis?
- Hi I’m emma I’m 15 and I litteraly was exatic when I found this website I am freaking out I never...
- Hello everyone. I was diagnosed with AF three months ago. I take a small amount of Zolpidem...
- This is first time happening to me. Usually use this Med when get acute attack of pancreatitis....
- Hello,&I had my 1st false positive drug test today, when all that should've been in my system was...
- Im sorry , what is fibromyalgia masochisim ? Is that a new term
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.