Who have Urticaria with Ortho evra - from FDA reports
Urticaria is found among people who take Ortho evra, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Benadryl, and have Pain. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 28,973 people who have side effects when taking Ortho evra from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
28,973 people reported to have side effects when taking Ortho evra.
Among them, 102 people (0.35%) have Urticaria
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ortho evra when people have Urticaria *:
- < 1 month: 75.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 14.29 %
- 6 - 12 months: 3.57 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.57 %
- 2 - 5 years: 3.57 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Urticaria when taking Ortho evra *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Urticaria when taking Ortho evra *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 20.83 %
- 20-29: 40.28 %
- 30-39: 36.11 %
- 40-49: 1.39 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 1.39 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 2 people, 1.96%
- Uterine Leiomyoma (uterine benign tumour derived from smooth muscle): 1 person, 0.98%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 1 person, 0.98%
- Anticoagulant Therapy: 1 person, 0.98%
- Basedow's Disease (autoimmune disease where the thyroid is overactive, producing an excessive amount of thyroid hormones): 1 person, 0.98%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ativan: 3 people, 2.94%
- Benadryl: 3 people, 2.94%
- Effexor: 2 people, 1.96%
- Ambien: 2 people, 1.96%
- Tylenol: 2 people, 1.96%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Itching: 14 people, 13.73%
- Application Site Reaction: 11 people, 10.78%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 8 people, 7.84%
- Breathing Difficulty: 6 people, 5.88%
- Rashes (redness): 6 people, 5.88%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Urticaria while taking Ortho evra?
You are not alone:
Ortho evra has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; norelgestromin. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Ortho evra 29,122 users)
Urticaria (rash of round, red welts on the skin that itch intensely) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 89,795 Urticaria patients).
Drugs that are associated with UrticariaUrticaria (2,739 drugs)
Could your condition cause UrticariaUrticaria (2,710 conditions)
Ortho evra side effects
- Ortho evra side effects (28,976 reports)
Browse all side effects of Ortho evraa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Semira ZA, Zulfkar Q, Sameem F, "Livedo reticularis associated with dapsone therapy in a patient with chronic urticaria", Indian journal of pharmacology, 2014 Jan .
- Sharma SP, Muggia F, "Supraventricular tachycardia and urticaria complicating leuprolide-induced ovarian suppression in a young woman with breast cancer: a case report", ecancermedicalscience, 2015 Jan .
- Musri FY, Mutlu H, Kıvrak Salim D, Karakurt Eryılmaz M, Ünal B, Tural D, Şenol Coşkun H, "Sorafenib-induced severe urticaria in a patient with hepatocellular cancer", Journal of Oncology Pharmacy Practice, 2016 Jan .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Rashes with Gilenya? - now
- Xeloda and Xanthan drug interaction - now
- Will you have Skin Redness Or Inflammation with Gilenya? - now
- Will you have Skin Rash with Gilenya? - now
- Will you have Skin Lesion with Gilenya? - now
Recent personal studies
- Prediction of Restoril, Azulfidine, Nexium for a 49 year old woman - 32 minutes ago
- A study for a 75 year old woman who takes Xarelto - 50 minutes ago
- A study for a 61 year old woman who takes Tylenol, Calcium, Prilosec, Miralax, Magnesia - an hour ago
- Drug comparison of Pradaxa, Xarelto for a 78 year old woman - an hour ago
- A study for a 51 year old woman who takes Adderall, Nexium 24hr - 3 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.