Ortho tri-cyclen and Hyperthyroidism - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Hyperthyroidism is reported only by a few people who take Ortho Tri-Cyclen.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Ortho tri-cyclen and have Hyperthyroidism. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,839 people who have side effects while taking Ortho tri-cyclen from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
4,839 people reported to have side effects when taking Ortho tri-cyclen.
Among them, 4 people (0.08%) have Hyperthyroidism.
What is Ortho tri-cyclen?
Ortho tri-cyclen has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; norgestimate. It is often used in birth control. eHealthMe is studying from 5,689 Ortho tri-cyclen users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Hyperthyroidism?
Hyperthyroidism (over activity of the thyroid gland) is found to be associated with 1,738 drugs and 1,261 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Ortho tri-cyclen and Hyperthyroidism reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hyperthyroidism when taking Ortho tri-cyclen *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Hyperthyroidism when taking Ortho tri-cyclen *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 50 %
- 20-29: 50 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Ortho tri-cyclen *:
- Accutane: 2 people, 50.00%
- Zyrtec: 1 person, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Hyperthyroidism *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 50.00%
- Dry Skin: 2 people, 50.00%
- Cheilitis (infection of lips): 2 people, 50.00%
- Pathogen Resistance: 1 person, 25.00%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 1 person, 25.00%
- Grand Mal Convulsion (a type of generalized seizure that affects the entire brain): 1 person, 25.00%
- Gastric Tone Increased: 1 person, 25.00%
- Fall: 1 person, 25.00%
- Fainting (loss of consciousness and postural tone): 1 person, 25.00%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 1 person, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ortho tri-cyclen and have Hyperthyroidism?Check whether Hyperthyroidism is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Dulani S, Dulani R, Lele S, Diagavane S, Anjankar S, Jaiswal N, Subramaniam PS, Juneja R, "Chronic Subdural Haematoma in a Case of Hyperthyroidism Presenting with Papilledema", Chinese Medicine, 2012 Dec .
How severe was Hyperthyroidism and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; norgestimate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Ortho tri-cyclen:
- Ortho tri-cyclen (5,689 reports)
Common Ortho tri-cyclen side effects:
Browse all side effects of Ortho tri-cyclen:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Hyperthyroidism treatments and more:
- Hyperthyroidism (21,381 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Hyperthyroidism:
- Hyperthyroidism in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Hyperthyroidism in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Hyperthyroidism in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Hyperthyroidism:
All the drugs that are associated with Hyperthyroidism:
- Hyperthyroidism (1,738 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hyperthyroidism:
All the conditions that are associated with Hyperthyroidism:
- Hyperthyroidism (1,261 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ethinyl estradiol; norgestimate (the active ingredients of Ortho tri-cyclen) and Ortho tri-cyclen (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Itraconazole and Creatinine Renal Clearance Decreased - 5 seconds ago
- Moxifloxacin and Kidney Fibrosis - 5 seconds ago
- Avinza and Tremor - 5 seconds ago
- Metoprolol Succinate and Encephalopathy - 6 seconds ago
- Benztropine Mesylate and Gemfibrozil drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Latanoprost and Endometrial Hyperplasia - 10 seconds ago
- Metoprolol Succinate and Skin Discoloration - 13 seconds ago
- Metoprolol Succinate and Multi-Organ Disorder - 23 seconds ago
- Metoprolol Succinate and Diabetic Ketoacidosis - 26 seconds ago
- Metoprolol Succinate and Respiratory Acidosis - 31 seconds ago