Ortho tri-cyclen and Keloids - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Keloids is found among people who take Ortho tri-cyclen, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Ortho tri-cyclen and have Keloids. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,839 people who have side effects when taking Ortho tri-cyclen from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
4,839 people reported to have side effects when taking Ortho tri-cyclen.
Among them, 6 people (0.12%) have Keloids.
What is Ortho tri-cyclen?
Ortho tri-cyclen has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; norgestimate. It is often used in birth control. eHealthMe is studying from 5,694 Ortho tri-cyclen users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Keloids?
Keloids (overgrown scars left from skin injuries) is found to be associated with 633 drugs and 453 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Ortho tri-cyclen and Keloids reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Keloids when taking Ortho tri-cyclen *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Keloids when taking Ortho tri-cyclen *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 100 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Ortho tri-cyclen *:
- Zithromax: 6 people, 100.00%
- Heparin: 6 people, 100.00%
- Adriamycin Pfs: 6 people, 100.00%
- Allopurinol: 6 people, 100.00%
- Ambien: 6 people, 100.00%
- Amoxicillin: 6 people, 100.00%
- Anaprox: 6 people, 100.00%
- Azithromycin: 6 people, 100.00%
- Cephalexin: 6 people, 100.00%
- Clonazepam: 6 people, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Keloids *:
- Food Poisoning (poison in food): 6 people, 100.00%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 6 people, 100.00%
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis): 6 people, 100.00%
- Weakness: 6 people, 100.00%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 6 people, 100.00%
- Conjunctivitis Viral (infection of conjunctiva by virus): 6 people, 100.00%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 6 people, 100.00%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 6 people, 100.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 6 people, 100.00%
- Stress Gastritis (swelling (inflammation) and weakening of the stomach lining that occurs during a serious illness): 5 people, 83.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Dermatitis (inflammation of the skin resulting from direct irritation by an external agent or an allergic reaction to it): 6 people, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ortho tri-cyclen and have Keloids?Check whether Keloids is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Keloids and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; norgestimate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Ortho tri-cyclen:
- Ortho tri-cyclen (5,694 reports)
Common Ortho tri-cyclen side effects:
- Depression: 695 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 477 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 472 reports
- Ulcerative colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine): 415 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 349 reports
Browse all side effects of Ortho tri-cyclen:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Keloids treatments and more:
- Keloids (1,005 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Keloids:
- Keloids in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Keloids in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Keloids in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Keloids:
- Keloids (633 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Keloids:
- Keloids (453 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ethinyl estradiol; norgestimate (the active ingredients of Ortho tri-cyclen) and Ortho tri-cyclen (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Tropicamide and High Blood Cholesterol - 8 seconds ago
- Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride and Arrhythmias - 10 seconds ago
- Profen and Baker'S Cyst - 16 seconds ago
- Vraylar and Truvada drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Tamiflu and Rhinovirus Infection - 20 seconds ago
- Gentamicin and Ligament Disorder - 22 seconds ago
- Darunavir and Heart Palpitations - 26 seconds ago
- How effective is Doxycycline Hyclate for Perioral Dermatitis? - 27 seconds ago
- Corlanor and Mitral Valve Repair - 30 seconds ago
- Azmacort and Seborrhoeic Keratosis - 33 seconds ago