Ortho tri-cyclen and Neutropenia aggravated - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 4,839 people who have side effects when taking Ortho tri-cyclen. Neutropenia aggravated is found, especially among people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take Accutane and have Acne cystic.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Ortho tri-cyclen and have Neutropenia aggravated. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
4,839 people reported to have side effects when taking Ortho tri-cyclen.
Among them, 28 people (0.58%) have Neutropenia aggravated.
What is Ortho tri-cyclen?
Ortho tri-cyclen has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; norgestimate. It is used in birth control. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 5,698 Ortho tri-cyclen users.
What is Neutropenia aggravated?
Neutropenia aggravated (worse an abnormally low number of neutrophils) is found to be associated with 1,686 drugs and 532 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 86 people who have Neutropenia aggravated.
Number of Ortho tri-cyclen and Neutropenia aggravated reports submitted per year:
Time on Ortho tri-cyclen when people have Neutropenia aggravated *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 100 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Neutropenia aggravated when taking Ortho tri-cyclen *:
- female: 92.86 %
- male: 7.14 %
Age of people who have Neutropenia aggravated when taking Ortho tri-cyclen *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 4 %
- 20-29: 64 %
- 30-39: 16 %
- 40-49: 8 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 8 %
Common drugs people take besides Ortho tri-cyclen *:
- Accutane: 23 people, 82.14%
- Ursodiol: 1 person, 3.57%
- Tri-Sprintec: 1 person, 3.57%
- Synthroid: 1 person, 3.57%
- Sutent: 1 person, 3.57%
- Rebetol: 1 person, 3.57%
- Lisinopril: 1 person, 3.57%
- Levofloxacin: 1 person, 3.57%
- Lansoprazole: 1 person, 3.57%
- Ganciclovir: 1 person, 3.57%
Common side effects people have besides Neutropenia aggravated *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 23 people, 82.14%
- Back Pain: 23 people, 82.14%
- Ulcerative Colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine): 23 people, 82.14%
- Depression: 23 people, 82.14%
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: 23 people, 82.14%
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease: 23 people, 82.14%
- Mitral Valve Prolapse (heart's mitral valve doesn't work well): 22 people, 78.57%
- Mitral Valve Incompetence (inefficient heart valve): 22 people, 78.57%
- Bursitis (inflammation of a bursa, typically one in the knee, elbow, or shoulder): 22 people, 78.57%
- Ventricular Extrasystoles (premature cardiac contraction): 22 people, 78.57%
Common conditions people have *:
- Acne Cystic (skin problems that cause pimples): 6 people, 21.43%
- Schizoaffective Disorder (a mental disorder characterized by disordered thought): 1 person, 3.57%
- Renal Cell Carcinoma (a kidney cancer): 1 person, 3.57%
- Pneumonia Cytomegaloviral (cmv pneumonia is caused by a member of a group of herpes-type viruses): 1 person, 3.57%
- Metastases To Lung (cancer spreads to lung): 1 person, 3.57%
- Hepatitis C: 1 person, 3.57%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ortho tri-cyclen and have Neutropenia aggravated?Check whether Neutropenia aggravated is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Ortho tri-cyclen side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Ortho tri-cyclen side effects (5,698 reports)
Neutropenia aggravated treatments and more:
- Neutropenia aggravated (86 reports)
Common drugs associated with Neutropenia aggravated:
- Clozapine: 18,585 reports
- Prednisone: 8,307 reports
- Fluorouracil: 7,382 reports
- Revlimid: 6,848 reports
- Cisplatin: 6,621 reports
- Dexamethasone: 5,855 reports
- Aspirin: 4,701 reports
- Prednisolone: 4,680 reports
- Omeprazole: 4,618 reports
- Docetaxel: 4,378 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Neutropenia aggravated:
- Neutropenia aggravated (1,686 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Neutropenia aggravated:
- Multiple myeloma: 9,913 reports
- High blood pressure: 5,594 reports
- Schizophrenia: 5,496 reports
- Pain: 3,752 reports
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma: 3,585 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 3,160 reports
- Preventive health care: 2,959 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Neutropenia aggravated:
- Neutropenia aggravated (532 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ethinyl estradiol; norgestimate (the active ingredients of Ortho tri-cyclen) and Ortho tri-cyclen (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Fosfomycin Tromethamine and Norco drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Bupropion Hydrochloride and Blood Glucose Increased - 29 seconds ago
- Naproxen and Enhertu drug interaction - 42 seconds ago
- Lisinopril and Injection Site Hypersensitivity - 53 seconds ago
- Atripla and Meclizine drug interaction - 59 seconds ago
- Ranitidine and Levocarnitine drug interaction - a minute ago
- Rasuvo and Mirtazapine drug interaction - a minute ago
- Cerebyx and Depression - a minute ago
- Tadalafil and Solifenacin Succinate drug interaction - a minute ago
- Tarceva and Septic Shock - a minute ago