Otezla and Acute myeloid leukaemia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 141,408 people who have side effects when taking Otezla. Acute myeloid leukaemia is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take Metformin and have Psoriasis.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Otezla and have Acute myeloid leukaemia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
141,408 people reported to have side effects when taking Otezla.
Among them, 11 people (0.01%) have Acute myeloid leukaemia.
What is Otezla?
Otezla has active ingredients of apremilast. It is used in psoriatic arthritis. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 141,607 Otezla users.
What is Acute myeloid leukaemia?
Acute myeloid leukaemia (acute cancer in which the bone marrow makes abnormal myeloblasts) is found to be associated with 1,526 drugs and 1,107 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 62,336 people who have Acute myeloid leukaemia.
Number of Otezla and Acute myeloid leukaemia reports submitted per year:
Time on Otezla when people have Acute myeloid leukaemia *:
- < 1 month: 25 %
- 1 - 6 months: 50 %
- 6 - 12 months: 25 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Acute myeloid leukaemia when taking Otezla *:
- female: 81.82 %
- male: 18.18 %
Age of people who have Acute myeloid leukaemia when taking Otezla *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Otezla *:
- Metformin: 3 people, 27.27%
- Vitamin C: 2 people, 18.18%
- Vitamin B12: 2 people, 18.18%
- Vicodin: 2 people, 18.18%
- Meclizine: 2 people, 18.18%
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen: 2 people, 18.18%
- Cipro: 2 people, 18.18%
- Biotin: 2 people, 18.18%
- Simponi: 1 person, 9.09%
- Prilosec: 1 person, 9.09%
Common side effects people have besides Acute myeloid leukaemia *:
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome (a group of conditions that occur when the blood-forming cells in the bone marrow are damaged): 1 person, 9.09%
- Hypothalamo-Pituitary Disorder (loss of function in an endocrine gland due to failure of the pituitary gland to secrete hormones which stimulate that gland's function): 1 person, 9.09%
- Death: 1 person, 9.09%
Common conditions people have *:
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 8 people, 72.73%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 2 people, 18.18%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 2 people, 18.18%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Otezla and have Acute myeloid leukaemia?Check whether Acute myeloid leukaemia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Otezla side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Otezla side effects (141,607 reports)
Acute myeloid leukaemia treatments and more:
- Acute myeloid leukaemia (62,336 reports)
Common drugs associated with Acute myeloid leukaemia:
- Cyclophosphamide: 2,241 reports
- Cytarabine: 1,442 reports
- Etoposide: 1,420 reports
- Revlimid: 1,345 reports
- Prednisone: 1,256 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,212 reports
- Vidaza: 976 reports
- Carboplatin: 870 reports
- Fludara: 815 reports
- Venclexta: 808 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Acute myeloid leukaemia:
- Acute myeloid leukaemia (1,526 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Acute myeloid leukaemia:
- Multiple myeloma: 769 reports
- Breast cancer: 563 reports
- High blood pressure: 494 reports
- Primary myelofibrosis: 485 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Acute myeloid leukaemia:
- Acute myeloid leukaemia (1,107 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on apremilast (the active ingredients of Otezla) and Otezla (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lanoxin and Methimazole drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Evotaz and Wellbutrin drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Hydroxyurea and Toviaz drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Nubain and Vicoprofen drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Midazolam Hydrochloride and Pancytopenia Aggravated - 14 seconds ago
- Prochlorperazine and Xeloda drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Allopurinol and Fibrin D Dimer Increased - 23 seconds ago
- Clindamycin Phosphate and Exjade drug interaction - 27 seconds ago
- Tenormin and Drug Intolerance - 44 seconds ago
- Fintepla and Vitamin B12 drug interaction - 55 seconds ago