Otezla and Deformity - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Deformity is found among people who take Otezla, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Otezla and have Deformity. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 133,724 people who have side effects when taking Otezla from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
133,724 people reported to have side effects when taking Otezla.
Among them, 8 people (0.01%) have Deformity.
What is Otezla?
Otezla has active ingredients of apremilast. It is often used in psoriatic arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 133,894 Otezla users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Deformity?
Deformity (disfigurement) is found to be associated with 1,459 drugs and 681 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Otezla and Deformity reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Deformity when taking Otezla *:
- female: 37.5 %
- male: 62.5 %
Age of people who have Deformity when taking Otezla *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Otezla *:
- Cosentyx: 8 people, 100.00%
- Stelara: 8 people, 100.00%
- Simponi: 8 people, 100.00%
- Remicade: 8 people, 100.00%
- Enbrel: 8 people, 100.00%
- Humira: 8 people, 100.00%
- Xarelto: 5 people, 62.50%
- Xeljanz: 3 people, 37.50%
- Orencia: 3 people, 37.50%
- Arava: 3 people, 37.50%
Common side effects people have besides Deformity *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 8 people, 100.00%
- Drug Intolerance (drug sensitivity): 6 people, 75.00%
- Arthropathy: 5 people, 62.50%
- Chest Pain: 5 people, 62.50%
- Movement Disorder (neurological syndromes where they may be excess of movement or a paucity of movement that is not connected to weakness): 5 people, 62.50%
- Peripheral Swelling: 5 people, 62.50%
- Depression: 5 people, 62.50%
- Heart Rate Increased: 5 people, 62.50%
- Fungal Infection: 5 people, 62.50%
- Stable Angina (a constant chest pain): 5 people, 62.50%
Common conditions people have *:
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 8 people, 100.00%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 3 people, 37.50%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 3 people, 37.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Otezla and have Deformity?Check whether Deformity is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Deformity and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of apremilast:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Otezla:
- Otezla (133,894 reports)
Common Otezla side effects:
- Diarrhea: 24,088 reports
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 19,845 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 16,774 reports
- Drug ineffective: 13,458 reports
- Rashes (redness): 5,487 reports
- Joint pain: 4,394 reports
Browse all side effects of Otezla:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Deformity treatments and more:
- Deformity (12,244 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Deformity:
- Deformity in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Deformity in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Deformity in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Deformity:
- Zometa: 2,588 reports
- Metoclopramide: 2,546 reports
- Prednisone: 1,648 reports
- Aredia: 1,562 reports
- Taxotere: 1,364 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,275 reports
- Docetaxel: 1,115 reports
- Enbrel: 1,002 reports
- Humira: 913 reports
- Orencia: 831 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Deformity:
- Deformity (1,459 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Deformity:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,125 reports
- Indigestion: 861 reports
- Breast cancer: 750 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 682 reports
- Birth control: 424 reports
- Pain: 408 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Deformity:
- Deformity (681 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on apremilast (the active ingredients of Otezla) and Otezla (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Multivitamin and Stable Angina - 3 seconds ago
- Rythmol and Skin Induration - 4 seconds ago
- Sulfatrim and Mesna drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate and Blood Pressure Management - 10 seconds ago
- Quinapril Hydrochloride vs. Atorvastatin Calcium - 10 seconds ago
- Sertraline and Keppra drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Glutamine vs. Testosterone Cypionate - 15 seconds ago
- Augmentin and Vistide drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Vibra-Tabs and Lamivudine drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Diastat Acudial and Keppra drug interaction - 19 seconds ago