Otezla and Ear disorder - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Ear disorder is found among people who take Otezla, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Otezla and have Ear disorder. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 133,724 people who have side effects when taking Otezla from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
133,724 people reported to have side effects when taking Otezla.
Among them, 25 people (0.02%) have Ear disorder.
What is Otezla?
Otezla has active ingredients of apremilast. It is often used in psoriatic arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 133,898 Otezla users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Ear disorder?
Ear disorder is found to be associated with 1,674 drugs and 1,013 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Otezla and Ear disorder reports submitted per year:
Time on Otezla when people have Ear disorder *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 50 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Ear disorder when taking Otezla *:
- female: 76 %
- male: 24 %
Age of people who have Ear disorder when taking Otezla *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 18.75 %
- 50-59: 50.0 %
- 60+: 31.25 %
Common drugs people take besides Otezla *:
- Benadryl: 3 people, 12.00%
- Advil: 2 people, 8.00%
- Mirapex: 1 person, 4.00%
- Allegra: 1 person, 4.00%
- Cosentyx: 1 person, 4.00%
- Enbrel: 1 person, 4.00%
- Humira: 1 person, 4.00%
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen: 1 person, 4.00%
- Zyrtec: 1 person, 4.00%
- Ventolin Hfa: 1 person, 4.00%
Common side effects people have besides Ear disorder *:
- Headache (pain in head): 6 people, 24.00%
- Diarrhea: 5 people, 20.00%
- Retching (strong involuntary effort to vomit): 4 people, 16.00%
- Nasopharyngitis (inflammation of the nasopharynx): 4 people, 16.00%
- Dizziness: 3 people, 12.00%
- Drowsiness: 3 people, 12.00%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 3 people, 12.00%
- Gastric Disorder (disease of stomach): 3 people, 12.00%
- Weakness: 2 people, 8.00%
- Musculoskeletal Stiffness (stiffness of the body's muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments and nerves): 2 people, 8.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 15 people, 60.00%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 7 people, 28.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 1 person, 4.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Otezla and have Ear disorder?Check whether Ear disorder is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Ear disorder and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of apremilast:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Otezla:
- Otezla (133,898 reports)
Common Otezla side effects:
- Diarrhea: 24,088 reports
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 19,845 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 16,774 reports
- Drug ineffective: 13,458 reports
- Rashes (redness): 5,487 reports
- Joint pain: 4,394 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 4,378 reports
Browse all side effects of Otezla:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Ear disorder treatments and more:
- Ear disorder (5,396 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Ear disorder:
- Ear disorder in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Ear disorder in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Ear disorder in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Ear disorder:
- Prednisone: 352 reports
- Enbrel: 323 reports
- Fosamax: 296 reports
- Aspirin: 242 reports
- Methotrexate: 241 reports
- Synthroid: 204 reports
- Humira: 190 reports
- Lipitor: 187 reports
- Tylenol: 173 reports
- Omeprazole: 160 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Ear disorder:
- Ear disorder (1,674 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Ear disorder:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 446 reports
- Osteoporosis: 349 reports
- High blood pressure: 232 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 176 reports
- Pain: 162 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 160 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Ear disorder:
- Ear disorder (1,013 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on apremilast (the active ingredients of Otezla) and Otezla (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Ceftriaxone and Lexapro drug interaction - now
- Profen and Instillation Site Reaction - 2 seconds ago
- Drug Ineffective and drugs of ingredients of fluconazole - 5 seconds ago
- Nifedipine and Electrocardiogram T Wave Amplitude Decreased - 6 seconds ago
- Mucinex and Pustular Psoriasis - 10 seconds ago
- Levetiracetam and Sepsis - 16 seconds ago
- Clarinex and Amaurosis Fugax - 16 seconds ago
- Vitamin C and Keratoconus - 22 seconds ago
- Mycelex and Muscle Aches - 23 seconds ago
- Perindopril Erbumine and Cardiogenic Shock - 25 seconds ago