Oxaliplatin and Alternative medicine - pain relief - from FDA reports
Alternative medicine - pain relief is found among people who take Oxaliplatin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Avastin, and have Rectal cancer. This review analyzes which people have Alternative medicine - pain relief with Oxaliplatin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 25,141 people who have side effects when taking Oxaliplatin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 30, 2017
25,141 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxaliplatin.
Among them, 403 people (1.6%) have Alternative medicine - pain relief
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Oxaliplatin when people have Alternative medicine - pain relief *:
- < 1 month: 39.39 %
- 1 - 6 months: 43.43 %
- 6 - 12 months: 14.14 %
- 1 - 2 years: 1.01 %
- 2 - 5 years: 2.02 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Alternative medicine - pain relief when taking Oxaliplatin *:
- female: 47.69 %
- male: 52.31 %
Age of people who have Alternative medicine - pain relief when taking Oxaliplatin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.35 %
- 20-29: 1.4 %
- 30-39: 9.44 %
- 40-49: 11.54 %
- 50-59: 24.13 %
- 60+: 53.15 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rectal Cancer (45 people, 11.17%)
- Colorectal Cancer Metastatic (35 people, 8.68%)
- Pancreatic Carcinoma (30 people, 7.44%)
- Colon Cancer Metastatic (21 people, 5.21%)
- Metastases To Liver (14 people, 3.47%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Avastin (132 people, 32.75%)
- Xeloda (104 people, 25.81%)
- Fluorouracil (69 people, 17.12%)
- Capecitabine (44 people, 10.92%)
- Decadron (40 people, 9.93%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (152 people, 37.72%)
- Fatigue (127 people, 31.51%)
- Diarrhea (117 people, 29.03%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (101 people, 25.06%)
- Constipation (79 people, 19.60%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Alternative medicine - pain relief when taking Oxaliplatin?
- Check symptoms - is alternative medicine - pain relief caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAlternative medicine - pain relief and drugs with ingredients of oxaliplatin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAlternative medicine - pain relief and Oxaliplatin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Oxaliplatin has active ingredients of oxaliplatin. It is often used in colon cancer. (latest outcomes from Oxaliplatin 25,222 users)
Alternative medicine - pain relief
Alternative medicine - pain relief has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, birth control (latest reports from 494,245 Alternative medicine - pain relief patients).
Browse all side effects of Oxaliplatina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Alternative medicine - pain reliefAlternative medicine - pain relief
Could your condition cause Alternative medicine - pain reliefAlternative medicine - pain relief
- Rectal cancer and Alternative medicine - pain relief
- Colorectal cancer metastatic and Alternative medicine - pain relief
- Pancreatic carcinoma and Alternative medicine - pain relief
- Colon cancer metastatic and Alternative medicine - pain relief
- Metastases to liver and Alternative medicine - pain relief
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Kim HJ, An SH, Cho YH, Kim SY, Lee HG, Yoon SY, "Oxaliplatin-induced Torsades de pointes and long QT syndrome in a patient with gastric cancer", Acta Oncologica, 2013 Aug .
- Wang JH, King TM, Chang MC, Hsu CW, "Oxaliplatin-induced severe anaphylactic reactions in metastatic colorectal cancer: case series analysis", World journal of gastroenterology: WJG, 2012 Oct .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hi I am going through a rough time and hoping to get some advice.. I've been on pain meds 12 years by same doctor, after 6 back surgerys My doctor put me on Suboxin because he feels may help with the pain, and the fact I've been on pain meds to long.. well I've been on the Suboxin 2 weeks and ...
I handle workers' comp claims. I recently took over a claim involving a middle-aged male who relies on self-cath 6+ times daily. He was born spina bifida but has this problem now as a result of back surgery from job-related accident. While there may be no alternative to his self catherization, ...
User posts to the study
I have used zolpiderm for many years but eventually stopped taking this medicine for an extended period. My sleep problems became significantly worse but a number of serious health issues became significantly better - including severe intermittent back pain in two places where I had suffered ...