Oxaliplatin and Enterocolitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Enterocolitis is found among people who take Oxaliplatin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Oxaliplatin and have Enterocolitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 57,168 people who have side effects when taking Oxaliplatin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
57,168 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxaliplatin.
Among them, 194 people (0.34%) have Enterocolitis.
What is Oxaliplatin?
Oxaliplatin has active ingredients of oxaliplatin. It is often used in colon cancer. eHealthMe is studying from 57,254 Oxaliplatin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Enterocolitis?
Enterocolitis (inflammation of the digestive tract, involving enteritis of the small intestine and colitis of the colon) is found to be associated with 1,064 drugs and 701 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Oxaliplatin and Enterocolitis reports submitted per year:
Time on Oxaliplatin when people have Enterocolitis *:
Gender of people who have Enterocolitis when taking Oxaliplatin*:
Age of people who have Enterocolitis when taking Oxaliplatin *:
Common drugs people take besides Oxaliplatin *:
Common side effects people have besides Enterocolitis *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Oxaliplatin and have Enterocolitis?Check whether Enterocolitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Kim HJ, An SH, Cho YH, Kim SY, Lee HG, Yoon SY, "Oxaliplatin-induced Torsades de pointes and long QT syndrome in a patient with gastric cancer", Acta Oncologica, 2013 Aug .
- Wang JH, King TM, Chang MC, Hsu CW, "Oxaliplatin-induced severe anaphylactic reactions in metastatic colorectal cancer: case series analysis", World journal of gastroenterology: WJG, 2012 Oct .
How severe was Enterocolitis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of oxaliplatin:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Oxaliplatin:
- Oxaliplatin (57,254 reports)
Common Oxaliplatin side effects:
- Diarrhea: 6,283 reports
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 4,020 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 3,937 reports
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 3,874 reports
- Fever: 2,814 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 2,622 reports
Browse all side effects of Oxaliplatin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Enterocolitis treatments and more:
- Enterocolitis (6,476 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Enterocolitis:
- Enterocolitis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Enterocolitis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Enterocolitis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Enterocolitis:
- Prednisolone: 385 reports
- Opdivo: 308 reports
- Prednisone: 300 reports
- Methotrexate: 289 reports
- Yervoy: 230 reports
- Carboplatin: 208 reports
- Oxaliplatin: 194 reports
- Cyclophosphamide: 192 reports
- Cytarabine: 192 reports
- Fluorouracil: 189 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Enterocolitis:
- Enterocolitis (1,064 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Enterocolitis:
- High blood pressure: 399 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 244 reports
- Preventive health care: 219 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 202 reports
- Lung cancer - non-small cell: 188 reports
- Pain: 173 reports
- Constipation: 141 reports
- Insomnia: 132 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Enterocolitis:
- Enterocolitis (701 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on oxaliplatin (the active ingredients of Oxaliplatin) and Oxaliplatin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Periactin and Drug Ineffective - 2 seconds ago
- Periactin and White Blood Cell Count Decreased - 6 seconds ago
- Periactin and Pain In Extremity - 8 seconds ago
- Periactin and Gait Disturbance - 11 seconds ago
- Velcade and Wernicke'S Encephalopathy - 13 seconds ago
- Periactin and Nausea - 13 seconds ago
- Prochlorperazine and Photophobia - 16 seconds ago
- Periactin and Depressed Level Of Consciousness - 17 seconds ago
- Periactin and Agitation - 19 seconds ago
- Periactin and Convulsion - 22 seconds ago