Oxybutynin chloride and Heart pounding or racing - from FDA reports
Heart pounding or racing is found among people who take Oxybutynin chloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ampyra, and have Multiple sclerosis. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 5,388 people who have side effects when taking Oxybutynin chloride from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
5,388 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxybutynin chloride.
Among them, 31 people (0.58%) have Heart pounding or racing
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Oxybutynin chloride when people have Heart pounding or racing *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 25 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Heart pounding or racing when taking Oxybutynin chloride *:
- female: 70.97 %
- male: 29.03 %
Age of people who have Heart pounding or racing when taking Oxybutynin chloride *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 4 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 10 people, 32.26%
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (cancer in which the bone marrow makes too many lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell)): 2 people, 6.45%
- Pain: 2 people, 6.45%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 2 people, 6.45%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 3.23%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Tecfidera: 6 people, 19.35%
- Ampyra: 6 people, 19.35%
- Baclofen: 4 people, 12.90%
- Vitamin D: 3 people, 9.68%
- Multivitamin: 3 people, 9.68%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 5 people, 16.13%
- Breathing Difficulty: 5 people, 16.13%
- Stress And Anxiety: 3 people, 9.68%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 3 people, 9.68%
- Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect): 3 people, 9.68%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Heart pounding or racing while taking Oxybutynin chloride?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Heart pounding or racing
- Subscribe to monitor Heart pounding or racing in Oxybutynin chloride
You are not alone:
Oxybutynin chloride has active ingredients of oxybutynin chloride. It is often used in urge incontinence. (latest outcomes from Oxybutynin chloride 5,789 users)
Heart pounding or racing
Heart pounding or racing (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 92,771 Heart pounding or racing patients).
Drugs that are associated with Heart pounding or racingHeart pounding or racing (3,325 drugs)
Could your condition cause Heart pounding or racingHeart pounding or racing (2,984 conditions)
Oxybutynin chloride side effects
- Oxybutynin chloride side effects (5,389 reports)
Browse all side effects of Oxybutynin chloridea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
- Will you have Erection Problems with Guanfacine Hydrochloride?
- Will you have Sexual Dysfunction - Male with Guanfacine Hydrochloride?
- Lyrica and Crataegus Pinnatifida drug interaction
- Will you have Sexual Dysfunction with Guanfacine Hydrochloride?
- Will you have Impotence And Age with Guanfacine Hydrochloride?
- Will you have Erectile Dysfunction with Guanfacine Hydrochloride?
- Will you have Erectile Disturbance with Guanfacine Hydrochloride?
- Will you have Ed with Guanfacine Hydrochloride?
- Will you have Acute Kidney Failure with Cor Pulmonale Chronic?
- Will you have Impotence with Guanfacine Hydrochloride?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.