Oxycodone and Insulin resistance - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Insulin resistance is found among people who take Oxycodone, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Oxycodone and have Insulin resistance. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 132,447 people who have side effects when taking Oxycodone from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
132,447 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxycodone.
Among them, 8 people (0.01%) have Insulin resistance.
What is Oxycodone?
Oxycodone has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. eHealthMe is studying from 101,855 Oxycodone users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Insulin resistance?
Insulin resistance is found to be associated with 687 drugs and 348 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Oxycodone and Insulin resistance reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Insulin resistance when taking Oxycodone *:
- female: 75 %
- male: 25 %
Age of people who have Insulin resistance when taking Oxycodone *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 33.33 %
- 30-39: 16.67 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 33.33 %
- 60+: 16.67 %
Common drugs people take besides Oxycodone *:
- Humalog: 3 people, 37.50%
- Zofran: 2 people, 25.00%
- Magnesium: 2 people, 25.00%
- Biotin: 2 people, 25.00%
- Demadex: 2 people, 25.00%
- Drisdol: 2 people, 25.00%
- Farxiga: 2 people, 25.00%
- Heparin: 2 people, 25.00%
- Insulin: 2 people, 25.00%
- Invokana: 2 people, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Insulin resistance *:
- Diabetes: 5 people, 62.50%
- Weight Increased: 3 people, 37.50%
- Blood Glucose Increased: 3 people, 37.50%
- Nasopharyngitis (inflammation of the nasopharynx): 2 people, 25.00%
- Blood Glucose Fluctuation: 2 people, 25.00%
- Drug Effect Decreased: 2 people, 25.00%
- Drug Ineffective: 2 people, 25.00%
- Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss): 2 people, 25.00%
- Hepatic Steatosis (fatty liver disease): 2 people, 25.00%
- Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar): 2 people, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Cholesterol: 5 people, 62.50%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 4 people, 50.00%
- Diabetes: 4 people, 50.00%
- Neuralgia (pain in one or more nerves): 2 people, 25.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 2 people, 25.00%
- Lipodystrophy Acquired (a regional loss of subcutaneous adipose tissue which usually starts in the face, extends downward acquired): 2 people, 25.00%
- Lactic Acidosis (low ph in body tissues): 2 people, 25.00%
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma (cancer originating from white blood cells): 2 people, 25.00%
- Carpus Curvus (an joint growth disorder of arm bones): 2 people, 25.00%
- Breathing Difficulty: 2 people, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Oxycodone and have Insulin resistance?Check whether Insulin resistance is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Insulin resistance and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Oxycodone:
- Oxycodone (101,855 reports)
Common Oxycodone side effects:
Browse all side effects of Oxycodone:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Insulin resistance treatments and more:
- Insulin resistance (3,443 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Insulin resistance:
- Insulin resistance in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Insulin resistance in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Insulin resistance in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Insulin resistance:
All the drugs that are associated with Insulin resistance:
- Insulin resistance (687 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Insulin resistance:
- Diabetes: 224 reports
- Diabetes mellitus: 234 reports
- Diabetes - type 2: 250 reports
- Diabetic type 2: 250 reports
- T1d: 149 reports
- T1dm: 149 reports
- Type 2 diabetes: 268 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Insulin resistance:
- Insulin resistance (348 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on oxycodone hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Oxycodone) and Oxycodone (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Oxycodone and Insulin Resistance - 6 seconds ago
- Esomeprazole Sodium and Face Oedema - 8 seconds ago
- Metoclopramide and Nasal Obstruction - 10 seconds ago
- Haemolytic Uraemic Syndrome and Abdominal Discomfort - 11 seconds ago
- Ginkgo and Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus - 20 seconds ago
- Zyflo Cr vs. Budesonide - 21 seconds ago
- Tracleer and Gastrointestinal Inflammation - 26 seconds ago
- Pravachol and Bronchiectasis - 27 seconds ago
- Gabapentin and Skin Odor Abnormal - 30 seconds ago
- Alprazolam and Hypolipidaemia - 38 seconds ago