Oxycodone and Pancreatitis - from FDA reports
Pancreatitis is found among people who take Oxycodone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Protonix, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Pancreatitis with Oxycodone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 54,610 people who have side effects when taking Oxycodone from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 19, 2017
54,610 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxycodone.
Among them, 298 people (0.55%) have Pancreatitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Oxycodone when people have Pancreatitis *:
- < 1 month: 33.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 16.67 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.33 %
- 1 - 2 years: 33.33 %
- 2 - 5 years: 8.33 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Oxycodone *:
- female: 54.33 %
- male: 45.67 %
Age of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Oxycodone *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 1.57 %
- 10-19: 5.88 %
- 20-29: 5.88 %
- 30-39: 10.2 %
- 40-49: 24.71 %
- 50-59: 21.96 %
- 60+: 29.8 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (39 people, 13.09%)
- Nausea (28 people, 9.40%)
- Stress And Anxiety (23 people, 7.72%)
- Depression (21 people, 7.05%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (20 people, 6.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Protonix (37 people, 12.42%)
- Omeprazole (36 people, 12.08%)
- Lisinopril (36 people, 12.08%)
- Ativan (33 people, 11.07%)
- Aspirin (33 people, 11.07%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea And Vomiting (50 people, 16.78%)
- Nausea (46 people, 15.44%)
- Diarrhea (42 people, 14.09%)
- Abdominal Pain (36 people, 12.08%)
- Abdominal Pain Upper (34 people, 11.41%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Pancreatitis when taking Oxycodone?
- Check symptoms - is pancreatitis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsPancreatitis and drugs with ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePancreatitis and Oxycodone from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Oxycodone has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Oxycodone 56,803 users)
Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, high blood pressure, diabetes, pain (latest reports from 38,720 Pancreatitis patients).
Browse all side effects of Oxycodonea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with PancreatitisPancreatitis
Could your condition cause PancreatitisPancreatitis
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been in pain management since 2005,started with my lower back arthritis . Went to Achilles tendinitis cancer, neuropathy, 2 hip replacements spinal stenosis need 2 knee replacements, carpal tunnel and eripheal artery disease. About 6 months ago I started taking avorstatin and ompreole and ...
One week post 3rd open heart surgery 63 yr. old patient given 10 mg. oxycodone at 2:30 pm. At 11 pm, same patient given 7.5 mg. of temazepam. Patient had not slept the night before and hadn't eaten very little for several days other than drink Ensure. Following morning patient was found ...