Oxycontin and Brain stem infarction - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Brain stem infarction is found among people who take Oxycontin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Oxycontin and have Brain stem infarction. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 205,812 people who have side effects when taking Oxycontin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
205,812 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxycontin.
Among them, 7 people (0.0%) have Brain stem infarction.
What is Oxycontin?
Oxycontin has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. eHealthMe is studying from 207,735 Oxycontin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Brain stem infarction?
Brain stem infarction (brainstem stroke) is found to be associated with 626 drugs and 340 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Oxycontin and Brain stem infarction reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Brain stem infarction when taking Oxycontin *:
- female: 28.57 %
- male: 71.43 %
Age of people who have Brain stem infarction when taking Oxycontin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 16.67 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 83.33 %
Common drugs people take besides Oxycontin *:
- Decadron: 3 people, 42.86%
- Ms Contin: 3 people, 42.86%
- Zometa: 2 people, 28.57%
- Miconazole Nitrate: 2 people, 28.57%
- Zetia: 2 people, 28.57%
- Carboplatin: 2 people, 28.57%
- Unasyn: 2 people, 28.57%
- Celecoxib: 2 people, 28.57%
- Dilaudid: 2 people, 28.57%
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen: 2 people, 28.57%
Common side effects people have besides Brain stem infarction *:
- White Blood Cell Count Decreased: 2 people, 28.57%
- Atherosclerosis (disorder of the arteries): 2 people, 28.57%
- Neutrophil Count Decreased (less than normal number of neutrophil a type of blood cell): 2 people, 28.57%
- Congestive Cardiomyopathy (weakening of heart muscle): 2 people, 28.57%
- Pneumonia Bacterial (pneumonia associated with bacterial infection): 2 people, 28.57%
- Hospitalisation: 2 people, 28.57%
- Ards (Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome) (sudden failure of the respiratory (breathing) system): 2 people, 28.57%
- Enlarged Prostate: 1 person, 14.29%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 14.29%
- Haemorrhoids (a swollen vein or group of veins in the region of the anus): 1 person, 14.29%
Common conditions people have *:
- Renal Impairment (severely reduced kidney function): 2 people, 28.57%
- Reflux Oesophagitis (an oesophageal mucosal injury that occurs of gastric contents into the oesophagus): 2 people, 28.57%
- Oesophageal Candidiasis (fungal infection of oesophagus): 2 people, 28.57%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 2 people, 28.57%
- Lung Adenocarcinoma Stage Iv (the cancer has spread to other organs of the body, such as the other lung, brain, or liver): 2 people, 28.57%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 2 people, 28.57%
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 28.57%
- Cancer Pain: 2 people, 28.57%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 1 person, 14.29%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 1 person, 14.29%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Oxycontin and have Brain stem infarction?Check whether Brain stem infarction is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Brain stem infarction and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Oxycontin:
- Oxycontin (207,735 reports)
Common Oxycontin side effects:
Browse all side effects of Oxycontin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Brain stem infarction treatments and more:
- Brain stem infarction (1,620 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Brain stem infarction:
- Brain stem infarction in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Brain stem infarction in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Brain stem infarction in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Brain stem infarction:
- Vioxx: 175 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Brain stem infarction:
- Brain stem infarction (626 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Brain stem infarction:
All the conditions that are associated with Brain stem infarction:
- Brain stem infarction (340 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on oxycodone hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Oxycontin) and Oxycontin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Prednisone and Limb Injury - 8 seconds ago
- Roxicet and Crying - 18 seconds ago
- Desloratadine and Ranitidine drug interaction - 39 seconds ago
- Imitrex and Cystitis Interstitial - 50 seconds ago
- Astramorph Pf and Lasix drug interaction - a minute ago
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Stavudine drug interaction - a minute ago
- Neurological Symptom and moderna covid vaccine - a minute ago
- Valium and Azor drug interaction - a minute ago
- Symbicort and Trigeminal Neuralgia - a minute ago
- How effective is Valacyclovir for Herpes Labialis (Oral Herpes Simplex)? - a minute ago