Oxycontin and Jaundice - from FDA reports
Jaundice is found among people who take Oxycontin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ambien, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Jaundice with Oxycontin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 61,249 people who have side effects when taking Oxycontin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 27, 2017
61,249 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxycontin.
Among them, 147 people (0.24%) have Jaundice
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Oxycontin when people have Jaundice *:
- < 1 month: 60.61 %
- 1 - 6 months: 24.24 %
- 6 - 12 months: 12.12 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 3.03 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Jaundice when taking Oxycontin *:
- female: 51.11 %
- male: 48.89 %
Age of people who have Jaundice when taking Oxycontin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.85 %
- 20-29: 7.69 %
- 30-39: 3.42 %
- 40-49: 15.38 %
- 50-59: 37.61 %
- 60+: 35.04 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (26 people, 17.69%)
- Nausea (21 people, 14.29%)
- Breast Cancer (13 people, 8.84%)
- Cancer Pain (12 people, 8.16%)
- Hepatic Neoplasm Malignant (10 people, 6.80%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zofran (27 people, 18.37%)
- Ambien (27 people, 18.37%)
- Nexium (26 people, 17.69%)
- Zometa (25 people, 17.01%)
- Ativan (23 people, 15.65%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (38 people, 25.85%)
- Fatigue (38 people, 25.85%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (36 people, 24.49%)
- Stress And Anxiety (32 people, 21.77%)
- Fever (31 people, 21.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Jaundice when taking Oxycontin?
- Check symptoms - is jaundice caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsJaundice and drugs with ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeJaundice and Oxycontin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Oxycontin has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Oxycontin 63,089 users)
Jaundice (a yellowish pigmentation of the skin, the conjunctival membranes) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, hiv infection, hepatitis c, depression, preventive health care (latest reports from 21,959 Jaundice patients).
Browse all side effects of Oxycontina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with JaundiceJaundice
Could your condition cause JaundiceJaundice
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I WAS TOLD BY A QUALIFIED MEDICAL OFFICIAL THAT THE SUICIDE RATES FOR MY CONDITION WERE HIGH , ......THIS MADE ME LAUGH ....WHY AT THE TIME I DIDN'T KNOW WHY I FOUND IT FUNNY ..... I THINK BECAUSE I ALREADY KNEW THIS ......ANY THOUGHTS ON WHY STATE SUCH AN ABSURD FACT AFTER JUST BEING ...
User posts to the study
I start ALP with 1 mg dose after taking 2 days of the same dose I felt that 1 mg is too much for me I cut it to 0.5 and then 0.25 now I am taking about 0.12 to get 0.12 I break the pill in 2 pieces. my aim is to withdraw it because it.s makes my eyes yellowish and most important now I have ...